If working in the medical field interests you and you’re interested in both clinical and medical office work, a career as a medical aide may be a good fit for you. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that medical helpamtes can expect an excellent employment growth between 2012 and 2022. Continue reading to learn about medical assisting schools in Connecticut.
It’s important for aspiring medical representatives to complete their training at an accredited medical attnding school because this is usually a requirement for certification. The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), one of the major accrediting agencies, reports that there are 10 accredited medical attending schools in Connecticut. Students in a medical attending program complete medical classes and practical experiences in hospitals or clinics.
The practical training is generally a supervised internship learning both the clinical and administrative side of being a medical helper. Medical deputy programs take anywhere from one to two years to complete; certificate and diploma programs are usually 1-year programs and associate degrees take two years to complete.
How to Get Certified in Connecticut
Although it’s not a legal requirement, certification is a good idea because it demonstrates knowledge of this field, and most employers require that their medical deputies be certified. Certification can be obtained by passing an examination administered through an organization such as the American Association of Medical Assistants, the American Medical Technologists, the National Healthcareer Association or the National Center for Competency Testing.
Salaries for Medical Attendants in Connecticut
Medical helpers working in Connecticut earn wages higher than the national average, which was $29,370 as of May 2012, according to the BLS. During that time, Danbury, CT ranked as the 5th top paying metropolitan area in the nation for medical helpers; these professionals earned $34,100. According to a March 2014 Indeed.com report, medical helpmates working in Connecticut earn an average wage of $46,000.
At Porter and Chester Institute, we’re serious about preparing you for career success. By completing one of our Automotive, Computer, Healthcare, or Trades programs, you’ll enjoy five advantages during your job search:
1. You gain knowledge and skills employers want you to know.
2. You learn from instructors who’ve worked in the field.
3. You learn by doing through hands-on instruction.
4. You develop personal skills and habits to become more employable.
5. You enhance your job interview skills and résumé.
- Medical Assisting
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Get hands-on training with Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute. Our campuses in New York and Connecticut can help give you career training in a wide variety of fields, including accounting, cosmetology, criminal justice, electrical systems technology, HVAC, IT, legal assisting, massage therapy, allied health, office administration, and more.
- Medical Assistant - Day
- Medical Assistant - Eve
- Medical Billing & Coding - Day
- And more...
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Nursing (Practical)
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our students that gives them the skills to begin or enhance their careers. We try to help our students meet their goals of changing or enhancing their careers, and also help prospective employers of our graduates in meeting the workforce needs of the 21st century while actively participating in the communities we operate within.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Coding and Billing
The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
The Berkeley Advantage®is preparing students for professional and personal successt. From career-focused degree and certificate programs offered in some of today’s most in-demand professions to extensive support resources, YOU are at the center of everything we do at Berkeley. Our commitment to students begins with their very first inquiries.
- Why study nursing at Grand Canyon University?
- Our bachelor’s and master’s degrees in nursing are CCNE-accredited and the College of Nursing and Health Care Professions (CONHCP) is approved by the Arizona State Board of Nursing.
- We provide many options to prepare you to begin or advance your nursing career, including bridge programs and dual degrees.
- GCU provides a low student-to-teacher ratio and a Christian environment that provides an opportunity for you to embrace a holistic approach to caring for patients.
- Request more information today about program offerings, CCNE accreditation, start dates, financial aid and more!
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Connecticut
|Capital Community College||950 Main Street, |
Hartford CT 06103
|Fox Institute of Business||99 South St, |
West Hartford, CT 06110
|Goodwin College||1 Riverside Dr, East |
Hartford, CT 06118
|Lincoln College of New England||2279 Mount Vernon Road|
Southington, Connecticut 06489
|Northwestern Connecticut Community College||2 Park Pl, Winchester, CT 06098||http://www.nwcc.commnet.edu/|
|Norwalk Community College||188 Richards Ave, |
Norwalk, CT 06854
|Porter and Chester Institute||221 West Main Street, |
Branford, CT 06405
|Quinebaug Valley Community College||742 Upper Maple Street|
Danielson, CT 06239
|Sanford-Brown College||270 Farmington Ave, |
Farmington, CT 06032
|St. Vincent's College||2800 Main Street |
Bridgeport, CT 06606
|Stone Academy||1315 Dixwell Ave, |
Hamden, CT 06514
|Branford Hall Career Institute||Branford, CT||http://www.branfordhall.edu/|