If working in the medical field interests you and you’re interested in both clinical and medical office work, a career as a medical aide may be a good fit for you. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that medical helpamtes can expect an excellent employment growth between 2012 and 2022. Continue reading to learn about medical assisting schools in Connecticut.
It’s important for aspiring medical representatives to complete their training at an accredited medical attnding school because this is usually a requirement for certification. The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), one of the major accrediting agencies, reports that there are 10 accredited medical attending schools in Connecticut. Students in a medical attending program complete medical classes and practical experiences in hospitals or clinics.
The practical training is generally a supervised internship learning both the clinical and administrative side of being a medical helper. Medical deputy programs take anywhere from one to two years to complete; certificate and diploma programs are usually 1-year programs and associate degrees take two years to complete.
How to Get Certified in Connecticut
Although it’s not a legal requirement, certification is a good idea because it demonstrates knowledge of this field, and most employers require that their medical deputies be certified. Certification can be obtained by passing an examination administered through an organization such as the American Association of Medical Assistants, the American Medical Technologists, the National Healthcareer Association or the National Center for Competency Testing.
Salaries for Medical Attendants in Connecticut
Medical helpers working in Connecticut earn wages higher than the national average, which was $29,370 as of May 2012, according to the BLS. During that time, Danbury, CT ranked as the 5th top paying metropolitan area in the nation for medical helpers; these professionals earned $34,100. According to a March 2014 Indeed.com report, medical helpmates working in Connecticut earn an average wage of $46,000.
Get a hands-on education at Lincoln Tech. Designed for today’s tough job market, our in-depth programs cover many fields including: Health Sciences, Business and Information Technology, Hospitality, Automotive Technology, HVAC Technology and Electrical Systems Technology. Financial Aid is available for those who qualify. Programs vary by campus.
- Medical Assistant
- Nursing (Practical)
- Medical Assistant
At American Institute, we believe you can become whatever you want to be, and we’re ready to help you get there. We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality, innovative education to our students that gives them the skills to begin or enhance their careers. We try to help our students meet their goals of changing or enhancing their careers, and also help prospective employers of our graduates in meeting the workforce needs of the 21st century while actively participating in the communities we operate within.
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Health and Wellness
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Connecticut
|Capital Community College||950 Main Street, |
Hartford CT 06103
|Fox Institute of Business||99 South St, |
West Hartford, CT 06110
|Goodwin College||1 Riverside Dr, East |
Hartford, CT 06118
|Lincoln College of New England||2279 Mount Vernon Road|
Southington, Connecticut 06489
|Northwestern Connecticut Community College||2 Park Pl, Winchester, CT 06098||http://www.nwcc.commnet.edu/|
|Norwalk Community College||188 Richards Ave, |
Norwalk, CT 06854
|Porter and Chester Institute||221 West Main Street, |
Branford, CT 06405
|Quinebaug Valley Community College||742 Upper Maple Street|
Danielson, CT 06239
|Sanford-Brown College||270 Farmington Ave, |
Farmington, CT 06032
|St. Vincent's College||2800 Main Street |
Bridgeport, CT 06606
|Stone Academy||1315 Dixwell Ave, |
Hamden, CT 06514
|Branford Hall Career Institute||Branford, CT||http://www.branfordhall.edu/|