Find Accredited Medical Assistant Schools in Dallas
There are many institutions offering programs for medical assistants in the Dallas area that are accredited either through the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of health Education Schools (ABHEP). Lists of the accredited programs can be found on the websites for CAAHEP and ABHEP.
Individuals entering the field will be required to perform administrative duties, as well as clinical duties. The administrative duties consist of scheduling and receiving patients, preparing and maintaining medical records, and acting as a liaison between the physician and other individuals via telephone or written correspondence. Clinical duties include asepsis and infection control, performing first aid and CPR, taking patient vital signs and histories, collecting and processing specimens, preparing patients for procedures, performing selected diagnostic tests, as well as assisting the physician with examinations and procedures. An education as a medical assistant will prepare the student to perform the administrative duties and clinical duties required to aid the physicians.
An accredited program will offer an Associate’s Degree, Certificate, or Diploma and will include classes in areas of anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, medical law and ethics, psychology, oral and written communications, and administrative and clinical procedures. The student will also be required to participate in an externship in a physician’s office, hospital or medical clinic to gain practical clinical experience.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Dallas
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a Certified Medical Assistant in Dallas and the average national salary in 2014 is $30,000 per year.
List of Medical Assiting School near Dallas
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Medical Billing Specialist
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
List of Medical Assistant Programs in Dallas
The following institutions certified by CAAHEP offer Medical Assistant Programs.
El Centro College, Dallas, Texas (Certificate)
Richland College, Dallas, Texas (Certificate)
The following institutions offering Medical Assistant Programs certified by ABHES.
Everest College- Dallas, Dallas, Texas (Diploma)
Everest College- Fort Worth South, Fort Worth, Texas (Diploma)
Everest College- Mid-Cities, Arlington, Texas (Diploma)
School for Allied Health Professionals, Arlington, Texas (Certificate)
The College of Health Care Professions- Dallas, Dallas, Texas (Certificate)
The College of Health Care Professions- Fort Worth, Fort Worth, Texas (Certificate)