Finding accredited medical attendant schools in Delaware is not difficult when you utilize the website for Medical Attendant Schools, which provides a list of accredited schools by state. Although Delaware does not have a state chapter of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), those training to be medical deputies can join the national organization or other organizations that certify medical deputies.
How to Get Certified in Delaware
According to the Medical Attendants Certification Guide, certification for medical aides is not a requirement in Delaware, but certification is often a help for those looking for jobs in this field. If the AAMA recognizes a training program or course, it can be taken and count toward certification. In order to enroll in approved CMA courses, you generally need a high school diploma or an equivalent. Once you’ve taken classes, you will need to apply to take the AAMA exam. Once they’ve received your application and fee, you’ll be given a testing permit and have 90 days to take the proctored test. If you pass, you will be listed as certified on the AAMA website, so employers will be able to verify your training.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Delaware
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median hourly wage for a certified medical attendant (CMA) in Delaware is $14.48 per hour. CMAs in the Wilmington area can expect to make slightly higher than the average hourly wage. On average, CMAs in Delaware make $30,000 a year. The growth rate for CMA jobs nationally is 31 percent over the next several years, and the job growth rate for CMAs in Delaware is expected to match that pace.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Delaware
|Delaware Technical and Community College||333 N Shipley St|
Wilmington, DE 19801
|Harris School||1413 Foulk Road, Suite 100|
Wilmington, DE 19803