Finding accredited medical attendant schools in Delaware is not difficult when you utilize the website for Medical Attendant Schools, which provides a list of accredited schools by state. Although Delaware does not have a state chapter of the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA), those training to be medical deputies can join the national organization or other organizations that certify medical deputies.
How to Get Certified in Delaware
According to the Medical Attendants Certification Guide, certification for medical aides is not a requirement in Delaware, but certification is often a help for those looking for jobs in this field. If the AAMA recognizes a training program or course, it can be taken and count toward certification. In order to enroll in approved CMA courses, you generally need a high school diploma or an equivalent. Once you’ve taken classes, you will need to apply to take the AAMA exam. Once they’ve received your application and fee, you’ll be given a testing permit and have 90 days to take the proctored test. If you pass, you will be listed as certified on the AAMA website, so employers will be able to verify your training.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Delaware
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median hourly wage for a certified medical attendant (CMA) in Delaware is $14.48 per hour. CMAs in the Wilmington area can expect to make slightly higher than the average hourly wage. On average, CMAs in Delaware make $30,000 a year. The growth rate for CMA jobs nationally is 31 percent over the next several years, and the job growth rate for CMAs in Delaware is expected to match that pace.
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Delaware
|Delaware Technical and Community College||333 N Shipley St|
Wilmington, DE 19801
|Harris School||1413 Foulk Road, Suite 100|
Wilmington, DE 19803