As a state of 19.3 million, there’s no doubt there are many varied opportunities to attend medical assistant schools in Florida. Preparing for a career in medical assistance can be fun, but it takes diligence to find the one that’s right for you. You’re in luck as there are several schools throughout the state that offer certification in medical assistance, which involves helping doctors and nurses manage their patients.
Find Accredited Medical Assistant Schools in Florida
Finding an accredited medical assistant school here is not too hard, as evidenced by the fact that Florida employs more people in this line of work than all other states besides California. Therefore, practicing medical assistance in this state is ideal. Take advantage of the recent health care boom and start filling out those applications today.
Medical Assistant Certification in Florida
With more than 40 schools offering medical assistant programs in the state, many of them accredited, you won’t have any problem selecting the one that meshes with your budget and career outlook. Research each school you consider to inquire about accreditation, cost, requirements, program length and on-the-job training opportunities.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Florida
With about 4,000 jobs opening up in this field alone on a yearly basis, there’s no wonder why this state is a booming opportunity for advancement into this field. Coupled with Florida’s skyrocketing growth, the medical assistant field is taking off in terms of job outlook and salary. The Bureau of Labor Statistics says the mean hourly wage here is $14 on average, a bit higher than other states. For the best chance of lucrative jobs, head to Gainesville, which ranks in the top five metro areas of medical assistant jobs.
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Billing and Coding Specialist
- And more...
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences - Pre-Physician Assistant Concentration
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- And more...
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Diploma)
- A.S. - Medical Assistant
- And more...
- Health Care Bachelor's and Master's Degrees Online From Grand Canyon University
- Develop entry-level skills, prepare to switch to a health care career or strengthen your current skill set.
- Comprehensive lessons & valuable classwork to prepare health care students for their future careers.
- Online classes provide you the flexibility to earn your health care degree from anywhere.
- Curriculum designed by health care industry experts.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Train for the real-world skills that help you launch a successful technology or healthcare career with a degree, or diploma from Florida Career College.
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
Get Personalized Attention at UMA
Ultimate Medical Academy is committed to helping you succeed in a healthcare career. That’s why we offer assistance from the very beginning, throughout training, and even after you graduate. One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services—they’re all included in our competitively priced tuition.
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Dental Assistant with Expanded Functions
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
List of Medical Assistant Programs in Florida
With so many schools to choose from, it will take diligence to sort through all the schools you want to apply to. It’s wise to apply to at least five to broaden your chances of acceptance. Medical assistant colleges in Florida include Anthem College in Orlando, Brown Mackie College in Miami, Everest Institute in Ft. Lauderdale, Virgina College in Fort Pierce, Broward College in Davie, Cambridge Institute of Allied Health & Technology in Altamonte Springs, South University in West Palm Beach, Career Institute of Florida in Holiday, Daytona State College in Daytona, Erwin Technical Center in Tampa, Hodges University in Naples, Kaplan Career Institute in Winter Park and Lorenzo Walker Institute of Technology in Naples.