As a state of 19.3 million, there’s no doubt there are many varied opportunities to attend medical assistant schools in Florida. Preparing for a career in medical assistance can be fun, but it takes diligence to find the one that’s right for you. You’re in luck as there are several schools throughout the state that offer certification in medical assistance, which involves helping doctors and nurses manage their patients.
Find Accredited Medical Assistant Schools in Florida
Finding an accredited medical assistant school here is not too hard, as evidenced by the fact that Florida employs more people in this line of work than all other states besides California. Therefore, practicing medical assistance in this state is ideal. Take advantage of the recent health care boom and start filling out those applications today.
Medical Assistant Certification in Florida
With more than 40 schools offering medical assistant programs in the state, many of them accredited, you won’t have any problem selecting the one that meshes with your budget and career outlook. Research each school you consider to inquire about accreditation, cost, requirements, program length and on-the-job training opportunities.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Florida
With about 4,000 jobs opening up in this field alone on a yearly basis, there’s no wonder why this state is a booming opportunity for advancement into this field. Coupled with Florida’s skyrocketing growth, the medical assistant field is taking off in terms of job outlook and salary. The Bureau of Labor Statistics says the mean hourly wage here is $14 on average, a bit higher than other states. For the best chance of lucrative jobs, head to Gainesville, which ranks in the top five metro areas of medical assistant jobs.
Train for the real-world skills that help you launch a successful technology or healthcare career with a degree, or diploma from Florida Career College.
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting (Diploma)
- A.S. - Medical Assistant
- And more...
About City College
Since 1984, City College, a private not-for-profit university, has been dedicated to providing a hands-on, practical and relevant college education to students in Florida and online. Our mission is to educate and train students in their chosen major, in preparation for employment in specific career fields. Whether you are a recent high school graduate, an adult thinking about returning to college, or a military veteran seeking a new civilian career, the City College Office of Admissions will help you make the right choice for your unique situation and begin a rewarding new career.
We offer our students an atmosphere of caring and respect. At City College you’re not just a student, you’re family.
- D.P. - Medical Assisting
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Assisting
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Office Admin/Billing and Coding
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences - Pre-Physician Assistant Concentration
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- And more...
- Turn Your Love of Helping Others Into a Career in the Health Care Industry With a Degree From Grand Canyon University Online
- Online bachelor's and master's health care degree programs.
- Flexible & affordable online programs designed for the working adult.
- Build a foundational skill set rooted in leadership, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Program in health care admin, health science, public health and more.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Get Personalized Attention at UMA
Ultimate Medical Academy is committed to helping you succeed in a healthcare career. That’s why we offer assistance from the very beginning, throughout training, and even after you graduate. One-on-one tutoring, pre-interview coaching, job search assistance, alumni services—they’re all included in our competitively priced tuition.
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Care Technician
- Dental Assistant with Expanded Functions
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
List of Medical Assistant Programs in Florida
With so many schools to choose from, it will take diligence to sort through all the schools you want to apply to. It’s wise to apply to at least five to broaden your chances of acceptance. Medical assistant colleges in Florida include Anthem College in Orlando, Brown Mackie College in Miami, Everest Institute in Ft. Lauderdale, Virgina College in Fort Pierce, Broward College in Davie, Cambridge Institute of Allied Health & Technology in Altamonte Springs, South University in West Palm Beach, Career Institute of Florida in Holiday, Daytona State College in Daytona, Erwin Technical Center in Tampa, Hodges University in Naples, Kaplan Career Institute in Winter Park and Lorenzo Walker Institute of Technology in Naples.