As a state of 19.3 million, there’s no doubt there are many varied opportunities to attend medical assistant schools in Florida. Preparing for a career in medical assistance can be fun, but it takes diligence to find the one that’s right for you. You’re in luck as there are several schools throughout the state that offer certification in medical assistance, which involves helping doctors and nurses manage their patients.
Find Accredited Medical Assistant Schools in Florida
Finding an accredited medical assistant school here is not too hard, as evidenced by the fact that Florida employs more people in this line of work than all other states besides California. Therefore, practicing medical assistance in this state is ideal. Take advantage of the recent health care boom and start filling out those applications today.
Medical Assistant Certification in Florida
With more than 40 schools offering medical assistant programs in the state, many of them accredited, you won’t have any problem selecting the one that meshes with your budget and career outlook. Research each school you consider to inquire about accreditation, cost, requirements, program length and on-the-job training opportunities.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Florida
With about 4,000 jobs opening up in this field alone on a yearly basis, there’s no wonder why this state is a booming opportunity for advancement into this field. Coupled with Florida’s skyrocketing growth, the medical assistant field is taking off in terms of job outlook and salary. The Bureau of Labor Statistics says the mean hourly wage here is $14 on average, a bit higher than other states. For the best chance of lucrative jobs, head to Gainesville, which ranks in the top five metro areas of medical assistant jobs.
Southern Technical College provides education and training in a variety of medical and technical areas that enable graduates to obtain entry-level employment. As a student at Southern Technical College, you will have the opportunity learn in several different ways.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- A.S. - Medical Assistant
- Diploma - Veterinary Assisting
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences - Pre-Physician Assistant Concentration
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- And more...
Our mission is to provide career focused education for the purpose of gaining entry-level employment and advancement opportunities which will empower college students to positively contribute to their communities.
- Medical Assistant - Associate
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Diploma
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- And more...
Train for the real-world skills that help you launch a successful technology or healthcare career with a degree, or diploma from Florida Career College.
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
List of Medical Assistant Programs in Florida
With so many schools to choose from, it will take diligence to sort through all the schools you want to apply to. It’s wise to apply to at least five to broaden your chances of acceptance. Medical assistant colleges in Florida include Anthem College in Orlando, Brown Mackie College in Miami, Everest Institute in Ft. Lauderdale, Virgina College in Fort Pierce, Broward College in Davie, Cambridge Institute of Allied Health & Technology in Altamonte Springs, South University in West Palm Beach, Career Institute of Florida in Holiday, Daytona State College in Daytona, Erwin Technical Center in Tampa, Hodges University in Naples, Kaplan Career Institute in Winter Park and Lorenzo Walker Institute of Technology in Naples.