If you live in Florida and are thinking about pursuing a career as a medical helpmate, you should know that doing so can offer you many benefits. In addition to knowing that you play a role in improving public health, becoming a medical helpmate gives you the opportunity to pursue promotions, raises, and bonuses that help ensure your economic stability. By learning more about the process that is involved in becoming a medical helper, you can make an informed decision regarding whether pursuing a career in this field is right for you.
Although there are a plethora of ways that you can find accredited medical aide schools in Florida, one of the simplest and most effective ways is to do a keyword search online. By entering key phrases such as “medical attending training and certification in Florida” or “medical attending programs and degrees” in the search box, you can find a great deal of information pertaining to medical attending schools and classes offered within the state of Florida.
How to Get Certified in Florida
Although each medical attending training program in Florida will be different, there are some basic similarities that will generally exist. For example, most of the medical attending training programs will offer courses that teach students how to interact with patients, take their vitals, and dress their wounds. In many cases, the training program will take place in a doctor’s office-style classroom where students are afforded the opportunity to work in a real-world environment.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Florida
Medical deputies who are employed within the state of Florida can expect to earn about $48,000 a year. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the national average is
$29,370 per year or $14.12 per hour.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- Associate of Science in Physical Therapy Assistant
- And more...
Train for the real-world skills that help you launch a successful technology or healthcare career with a degree, or diploma from Florida Career College.
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
About City College
Since 1984, City College, a private not-for-profit university, has been dedicated to providing a hands-on, practical and relevant college education to students in Florida and online. Our mission is to educate and train students in their chosen major, in preparation for employment in specific career fields. Whether you are a recent high school graduate, an adult thinking about returning to college, or a military veteran seeking a new civilian career, the City College Office of Admissions will help you make the right choice for your unique situation and begin a rewarding new career.
We offer our students an atmosphere of caring and respect. At City College you’re not just a student, you’re family.
- D.P. - Medical Assisting
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Assisting
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Office Admin/Billing and Coding
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Practical Nursing
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
If you are thinking about becoming a medical aides, you should know that doing so is possible and advantageous. By reviewing the information above, you can gain the information necessary to take the first steps towards accomplishing your vocational goals. Good luck!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Florida
|Anthem College||989 North Semoran Boulevard|
Orlando, FL 32807
|Broward College||3501 Davie Rd, |
Davie, FL 33314
|Brown Mackie College||Miami, Florida||https://www.brownmackie.edu/locations/miami|
|Cambridge Institute of Allied Health & Technology||5150 Linton Boulevard|
Delray Beach, FL 33484
|Career Institute of Florida||7353 Spring Hill Dr|
Spring Hill, FL
|Central Florida Institute||30522 U.S. 19, Palm |
Harbor, FL 34684
|Centura Institute||6359 Edgewater Dr, |
Orlando, FL 32810
|Concorde Career College||7259 Salisbury Rd, |
Jacksonville, FL 32256
|Dade Medical College||3721-1 NW 7th Street |
Miami, FL 33126
|Daytona State College||1200 W. International Speedway Blvd., |
Daytona Beach, Florida 32114
|Eastern Florida State College - Cocoa||1519 Clearlake Road, |
Cocoa, FL 32922
|Erwin Technical Center||2010 E Hillsborough Ave, |
Tampa, FL 33610
|Everest Institute||Ft. Lauderdale, Florida||https://www.collegeview.com/schools/everest-university-fort-lauderdale-college/|
|FastTrain||1620 W Oakland Park Blvd # 202, |
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33317
|First Coast Technical Institute||2980 Collins Ave. |
St Augustine, FL 32084
|Fortis College||560 Wells Road |
Orange Park, FL 32073
|Fortis Institute||7757 W Flagler St, |
Miami, FL 33144
|Health Opportunity Technical Center||18441 NW 2nd Ave # 300, |
Miami, FL 33169
|Heritage College||Fort Myers, Florida||https://www.heritagecollege.edu/campus/fort-myers-florida/
|Herzing University||Orlando, Florida||https://www.herzing.edu/orlando|
|Hodges University||2655 Northbrooke |
Dr, Naples, FL 34119
|Indian River State College||3209 Virginia Avenue, |
Fort Pierce, FL. 34981
|Jones College||5353 Arlington Expy, |
Jacksonville, FL 32211
|Kaplan Career Institute||10131 Pines Blvd, |
Pembroke Pines, FL 33026
|Kaplan College||7450 Beach Boulevard |
Jacksonville, Florida 32216
|Kaplan University||1515 W Cypress Creek Rd, |
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
|Keiser University||1500 NW 49th St, |
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
|Lively Technical Center||500 North Appleyard Drive|
Tallahassee, Florida 32304
|Lorenzo Walker Institute of Technology||702 Estey Avenue|
Naples, Fl 34104
|Manatee Technical Institute||5530 Lakewood Ranch Blvd,|
Bradenton, FL 34211
|Marion County Community Technical and Adult Education||1014 SW 7th Rd, |
Ocala, FL 34471
|Mattia College||13926 SW 47th St, |
Miami, FL 33175
|McFatter Technical Center||6500 Nova |
Dr, Davie, FL 33317
|Palm Beach State College||4200 Congress Avenue, |
Lake Worth, FL 33461
|Pensacola State College||1000 College Blvd |
Pensacola, Florida 32504
|Pinellas Tech Education Center||6100 154th Avenue N|
Clearwater, FL 33760-2140
|Rasmussen College||9160 Forum Corporate Parkway, Suite 100|
Fort Myers, FL 33905
|Robert Morgan Educational Center||18180 S.W. 122 Avenue |
Miami, FL 33177
|Sanford-Brown Institute||1201 W. Cypress Creek Road |
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
|Sheridan Technical Center||5400 Sheridan St, |
Hollywood, FL 33021
|Southwest Florida College||1685 Medical Lane|
Fort Myers, FL 33907
|Technical Career Institute||19600 South Dixie Highway Suite B|
Cutler Bay, FL 33157
|Ultimate Medical Academy (UMA)||9309 N. Florida Ave., Suite 100|
Tampa, FL 33612
|United Education Institute||3563 Phillips Hwy # C300, |
Jacksonville, FL 32207
|Winter Park Tech||901 W Webster Ave, |
Winter Park, FL 32789