Fresno, California, is the county seat of Fresno County, with a population of 509,000. This fifth biggest city in the state is the economic hub of the area, with the highest number of its employees within the medical field. Finding a job as a medical aides in this city will not be difficult, as there are several physicians’ offices, medical centers and hospitals there who need these types of professionals.
Your search for Fresno medical attending schools should begin with some research. Ask your family and friends where they recommend. Choose a few schools with a solid reputation in the community. Match up your budget and lifestyle with the schools that offer a reasonable tuition and relaxing campus life. Go on tours of each facility and inquire about types of classes and programs available, degrees, certification and availability of financial assistance.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Fresno
Most medical attending schools offer some type of training program that puts you in the middle of all the action. Like anything else, practice makes perfect. Internships may be required as well so you can gain real-life experience as a medical aide. Getting your certification after graduation can ensure a better paying job once you get out there and see who’s hiring.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Fresno
You’ll find the salary for medical helpmates in Fresno is at about $15 per hour, which is higher than the national average of $14. With 1,000 openings for jobs every year, Fresno is a very good place to get started in the medical assistance field. Carrying on its legacy of being the land of opportunity, Fresno makes an ideal spot for becoming a medical helpers whether in a doctor’s office or hospital. Your duties will be to assist doctors and nurses, take patient’s vital signs and perform office work as needed.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Fresno
With more than 30 medical helpers schools throughout the state, you can bet there are a few in Fresno itself. Those schools include San Joaquin Valley College, UEI College, Institute of Technology and Heald College. San Joaquin Valley College offers associate degree and certificate programs, UEI College offers a diploma, Institute of Technology offers a certificate and Heald College offers associate degrees and diplomas for students.
List of Medical Assistant Programs in Fresno CA
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Respiratory Therapy
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!