Fresno, California, is the county seat of Fresno County, with a population of 509,000. This fifth biggest city in the state is the economic hub of the area, with the highest number of its employees within the medical field. Finding a job as a medical aides in this city will not be difficult, as there are several physicians' offices, medical centers and hospitals there who need these types of professionals.
Your search for Fresno medical attending schools should begin with some research. Ask your family and friends where they recommend. Choose a few schools with a solid reputation in the community. Match up your budget and lifestyle with the schools that offer a reasonable tuition and relaxing campus life. Go on tours of each facility and inquire about types of classes and programs available, degrees, certification and availability of financial assistance.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Fresno
Most medical attending schools offer some type of training program that puts you in the middle of all the action. Like anything else, practice makes perfect. Internships may be required as well so you can gain real-life experience as a medical aide. Getting your certification after graduation can ensure a better paying job once you get out there and see who's hiring.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Fresno
You'll find the salary for medical helpmates in Fresno is at about $15 per hour, which is higher than the national average of $14. With 1,000 openings for jobs every year, Fresno is a very good place to get started in the medical assistance field. Carrying on its legacy of being the land of opportunity, Fresno makes an ideal spot for becoming a medical helpers whether in a doctor's office or hospital. Your duties will be to assist doctors and nurses, take patient's vital signs and perform office work as needed.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Fresno
With more than 30 medical helpers schools throughout the state, you can bet there are a few in Fresno itself. Those schools include San Joaquin Valley College, UEI College, Institute of Technology and Heald College. San Joaquin Valley College offers associate degree and certificate programs, UEI College offers a diploma, Institute of Technology offers a certificate and Heald College offers associate degrees and diplomas for students.
List of Medical Assistant Programs in Fresno CA
- Medical Assisting
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Nursing Assistant
- And more...
You can get started on a new career with Institute of Technology. We offer diploma and associate degree programs for careers in the culinary, technical, medical, business, and legal fields.
For more information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information, please visit our website at www.iot.edu/disclosure.
- Professional Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Office Administration
- Earn your bachelor’s degree, associate degree, or undergraduate certificate online with Penn Foster College.
- Penn Foster College also offers individual courses online that allow you to earn credits toward a degree or learn new skills. Choose from courses in business, education, math & science, and more.
- Nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC) and licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education.
- The American Council on Education's College Credit Recommendation Service (ACE CREDIT) has evaluated and recommended college credit for many Penn Foster College courses.
- At only $79 per credit, Penn Foster College offers affordable tuition with low monthly payment plans and 0% interest.
- Penn Foster College’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Respiratory Therapy