When on the hunt for quality, affordable medical assistant programs in Georgia, you’ll be happy to know that there are many opportunities for a career in this field.
Georgia, home to 9.9 million people, boasts more than 30 schools that give medical aides the tools they need to flourish in their chosen career choice. Can’t afford the tuition on your own? Look into several scholarships available to you through national associations dedicated to providing students just like you with the funds necessary to get your certification in medical assistance. You’re looking at about $5,000 per year in tuition to get a diploma from a medical attendant program.
How to Get Certified in Georgia
Georgia is experiencing a boom in growth thanks to its large transportation and communication industries. Consequently, with the medical field experiencing high rates of growth as well, Georgia is emerging as a great place to pursue a career in medical assistance. Make sure you leave yourself enough options when applying to medical assisting schools. It’s best to send applications to at least three to five schools, preferably more, to boost your chances of getting into one you love. Join the 3,400 students who graduate with degrees and certificates in medical assistance every single year in Georgia. Financial aid is available from many of these schools.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Georgia
Rating in the top 10 in terms of the highest amounts of job openings for medical aides, people in this line of work typically make about $13.50 an hour, just about the same as other area states. The national average is 14.12 per hour, or $29,370 per year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician/Assistant
- Dental Assisting
Helms College, a nonprofit post-secondary career college operated by Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA, has been granted continued accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Multi-Skilled Medical Assistant
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- And more...
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Current RNs can choose from RN to BSN or RN to MSN online programs
- RN-to-BSN program offers courses in Illness and Disease Management, Principles of Assessment, and Holistic Professional Nursing
- RN to MSN specializations include Family Nurse Practitioner, Adult-Gerontology and more
- Courses help develop students’ assessment, patient care, and community outreach skills
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Georgia
|Albany Technical College||1704 S. Slappey Blvd. Albany, Ga. 31701||http://www.albanytech.edu/|
|American Professional Institute||2637 N Decatur Rd.|
Decatur, GA 30033
|Anthem College||2450 Piedmont Road N.E.|
Atlanta, GA 30324
|Atlanta Technical College||1560 Metropolitan Parkway SW|
Atlanta, GA 30310-4446
|Augusta Technical College||3200 Augusta Tech Dr, Augusta, GA 30906||http://www.augustatech.edu/|
|Brown Mackie||Atlanta, Georgia||https://www.brownmackie.edu/locations/atlanta|
|Chattahoochee Technical College||100 Campus Drive|
Jasper, GA 30143
|Columbus Technical College||928 Manchester Expressway |
Columbus, Georgia 31904
|Dalton State College||650 College Drive, |
Dalton, GA 30720
|Fortis College||2108 Cobb Parkway|
Smyrna, GA 30080
|Georgia Northwestern Technical College||One Maurice Culberson Drive, |
Rome, GA 30161
|Georgia Piedmont Technical College||495 North Indian Creek Drive |
Clarkston, GA 30021
|Gwinnett College||Highway, Suite 11, |
Lilburn, GA 30047
|Gwinnett Technical College||5150 Sugarloaf Pkwy., |
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
|Iverson Institute||5522 New Peachtree Road, |
Chamblee, GA 30341
|Lanier Technical College||2990 Landrum Education Drive, |
Oakwood, Georgia 30566
|Miller-Motte Technical College||621 Frontage rd NW|
Augusta, GA 30907
|Moultrie Technical College||800 Veterans Parkway North, A140, |
Moultrie, GA 31788
|North Georgia Technical College||PO Box 65|
1500 Hwy 197 N
Clarkesville, GA 30523
|Oconee Fall Line Technical College||1189 Deepstep Road, |
Sandersville, Georgia 31082
|Ogeechee Technical College||One Joseph E. Kennedy Blvd., |
Statesboro, GA 30458
|Okefenokee Technical College||1701 Carswell Avenue|
Waycross, Georgia 31503
|Sanford-Brown College||1140 Hammond Drive | Suite A-1150 |
Atlanta, GA 30328
|Savannah Technical College||5717 White Bluff Road, |
Savannah, GA 31405
|South University||709 Mall Blvd, |
Savannah, GA 31406
|Southwest Georgia Technical College||15689 U.S. Highway 19 North, |
Thomasville, Georgia 31792
|Southeastern Technical College||3001 E 1st St, |
Vidalia, GA 30474
|Southern Crescent Technical College||1533 Hwy 19 S, |
Thomaston, GA 30286
|Swainsboro Technical College||3001 E 1st St, |
Vidalia, GA 30474
|United Education Institute||1564 Southlake Parkway|
Morrow, GA 30260
|Virginia College||Augusta, Georgia||https://explore.vc.edu/Augusta/Campus|
|West Georgia Technical College||4600 Timber Ridge Dr, |
Douglasville, GA 30135
|Westwood College||1100 Spring Street, Suite 102 |
Atlanta, GA 30309