When on the hunt for quality, affordable medical assistant programs in Georgia, you’ll be happy to know that there are many opportunities for a career in this field.
Georgia, home to 9.9 million people, boasts more than 30 schools that give medical aides the tools they need to flourish in their chosen career choice. Can’t afford the tuition on your own? Look into several scholarships available to you through national associations dedicated to providing students just like you with the funds necessary to get your certification in medical assistance. You’re looking at about $5,000 per year in tuition to get a diploma from a medical attendant program.
How to Get Certified in Georgia
Georgia is experiencing a boom in growth thanks to its large transportation and communication industries. Consequently, with the medical field experiencing high rates of growth as well, Georgia is emerging as a great place to pursue a career in medical assistance. Make sure you leave yourself enough options when applying to medical assisting schools. It’s best to send applications to at least three to five schools, preferably more, to boost your chances of getting into one you love. Join the 3,400 students who graduate with degrees and certificates in medical assistance every single year in Georgia. Financial aid is available from many of these schools.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Georgia
Rating in the top 10 in terms of the highest amounts of job openings for medical aides, people in this line of work typically make about $13.50 an hour, just about the same as other area states. The national average is 14.12 per hour, or $29,370 per year, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Miller-Motte Colleges and Miller-Motte Technical Colleges comprise the Miller-Motte family of schools which is part of Ancora Education. For over a century, Miller-Motte has been a reputable leader in private career education.
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Certificate
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Fortis offers a Medical Assisting program designed to propel you forward
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Most campuses offer hands-on instruction for a variety of healthcare fields
- Provides guidance & assistance to students exploring their financial aid options
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Georgia
|Albany Technical College||1704 S. Slappey Blvd. Albany, Ga. 31701||http://www.albanytech.edu/|
|American Professional Institute||2637 N Decatur Rd.|
Decatur, GA 30033
|Anthem College||2450 Piedmont Road N.E.|
Atlanta, GA 30324
|Atlanta Technical College||1560 Metropolitan Parkway SW|
Atlanta, GA 30310-4446
|Augusta Technical College||3200 Augusta Tech Dr, Augusta, GA 30906||http://www.augustatech.edu/|
|Brown Mackie||Atlanta, Georgia||https://www.brownmackie.edu/locations/atlanta|
|Chattahoochee Technical College||100 Campus Drive|
Jasper, GA 30143
|Columbus Technical College||928 Manchester Expressway |
Columbus, Georgia 31904
|Dalton State College||650 College Drive, |
Dalton, GA 30720
|Fortis College||2108 Cobb Parkway|
Smyrna, GA 30080
|Georgia Northwestern Technical College||One Maurice Culberson Drive, |
Rome, GA 30161
|Georgia Piedmont Technical College||495 North Indian Creek Drive |
Clarkston, GA 30021
|Gwinnett College||Highway, Suite 11, |
Lilburn, GA 30047
|Gwinnett Technical College||5150 Sugarloaf Pkwy., |
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
|Iverson Institute||5522 New Peachtree Road, |
Chamblee, GA 30341
|Lanier Technical College||2990 Landrum Education Drive, |
Oakwood, Georgia 30566
|Miller-Motte Technical College||621 Frontage rd NW|
Augusta, GA 30907
|Moultrie Technical College||800 Veterans Parkway North, A140, |
Moultrie, GA 31788
|North Georgia Technical College||PO Box 65|
1500 Hwy 197 N
Clarkesville, GA 30523
|Oconee Fall Line Technical College||1189 Deepstep Road, |
Sandersville, Georgia 31082
|Ogeechee Technical College||One Joseph E. Kennedy Blvd., |
Statesboro, GA 30458
|Okefenokee Technical College||1701 Carswell Avenue|
Waycross, Georgia 31503
|Sanford-Brown College||1140 Hammond Drive | Suite A-1150 |
Atlanta, GA 30328
|Savannah Technical College||5717 White Bluff Road, |
Savannah, GA 31405
|South University||709 Mall Blvd, |
Savannah, GA 31406
|Southwest Georgia Technical College||15689 U.S. Highway 19 North, |
Thomasville, Georgia 31792
|Southeastern Technical College||3001 E 1st St, |
Vidalia, GA 30474
|Southern Crescent Technical College||1533 Hwy 19 S, |
Thomaston, GA 30286
|Swainsboro Technical College||3001 E 1st St, |
Vidalia, GA 30474
|United Education Institute||1564 Southlake Parkway|
Morrow, GA 30260
|Virginia College||Augusta, Georgia||https://explore.vc.edu/Augusta/Campus|
|West Georgia Technical College||4600 Timber Ridge Dr, |
Douglasville, GA 30135
|Westwood College||1100 Spring Street, Suite 102 |
Atlanta, GA 30309