Becoming a medical aide is a great way to begin a career in the medical field. If you dream of one day becoming a doctor or a surgeon, training as a medical aide is a great way to start. This position also offers an attractive starting salary and an excellent benefits package. Here is the information you need to know to begin your career path.
If you live in Houston, you are in luck. There are several schools with high quality medical attending schools in Houston, Texas. It is one of the best places to get medical aide degrees in the lone star state. The internet is a valuable resource for finding more information about their programs. The school’s websites are a great resource to find the right fit for you.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Houston
It is vitally important to choose the program that is right for you. Many different factors must be considered, including tuition rates, the sizes of the classes, fields of study that are emphasized, and the percentage of graduates who successfully earn jobs. Most schools will list these statistics on their websites. Making the effort to do some extra research will pay off when you make the right choice.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Houston
The median salary for medical helpers in Houston is approximately $31,000 per year. Nearly all medical helpmates earn at least $26,000 per year, with some making as much as $37,000. They also receive a benefits package, which typically includes a retirement plan, health insurance, and vacation pay.
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Houston
Here is a list of Houston schools that offer medical aide training. Make sure to research all of them. Every school is unique, with its own strengths and weaknesses.
Texas School of Business
Pima Medical Institute
San Jacinto College
Sanford Brown College
Whether you are currently living in Houston or simply find it an interesting place to go to school, there are plenty of options for you to choose from. All of these programs offer valuable training that will help you succeed.
List of Medical Attendant School near Houston, Texas
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!