Illinois, with a population of 12.8 million people, boasts the country’s third biggest city, Chicago. But not all the state’s medical aide jobs are centered in the Windy City. You can join the more than 1,500 medical helpmates who currently work in this state, where jobs in this field are available and ready to be filled.
Once you’ve narrowed down your school choice to about three to five schools, it’s time to start asking the tough questions. Go on tours of your chosen facilities or inquire about important elements over the phone. Ask about tuition rates, night or online class availability, training opportunities, certification, campus features, and admission requirements.
How to Get Certified in Illinois
Most of these schools do offer some kind of financial aid to assist students who are having difficulty paying the tuition. With more than 20 schools in Illinois offering programs for medical aides, you are sure to find the right programs offering the degrees you need. Not all are accredited, so this should be one of your crucial questions when scoping out colleges. Scholarships are available through the Illinois Society of Medial Assistants. Seek out additional help through the Illinois Society of Medical Assistants for job mentoring and job hunting assistance.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Illinois
Illinois medical helpers earn a staggering $17 per hour on average, which is more than the average of surrounding states and the nation as a whole. The national median hourly wage is about $14, or $29,300 a year throughout the country, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This represents a rare opportunity to make better than average money as a medical helpers in Illinois.
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- A.S. Occupational Therapy Assistant
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Illinois
|Brown Mackie College||2119 Kimberly Rd, |
Bettendorf, IA 52722
|College of DuPage||425 Fawell Blvd., |
Glen Ellyn IL60137
|College of Lake County||19351 West Washington Street, |
Grayslake, IL 60030-1198
|First Institute||Crystal Lake, Illinoise||http://www.firstinstitute.edu/|
|Fox College||18020 Oak Park Ave, |
Tinley Park, IL 60477
|Harper College||1200 West Algonquin Road|
Palatine, IL 60067
|Kaplan University||550 W Van Buren St, |
Chicago, IL 60607
|Midstate College||411 W Northmoor Rd, |
Peoria, IL 61614
|Midwest Technical Institute||2731 Farmers Market Road|
Springfield, IL 62707
|Moraine Valley Community College||9000 W. College Pkwy. |
Palos Hills, IL 60465-2478
|National Latino Education Institute||2011 West Pershing Road |
Chicago, IL 60609
|Northwestern College||7725 S. Harlem Ave. |
Bridgeview, IL 60455
|Rasmussen College||2363 Sequoia Dr.|
Aurora, IL 60506
|Robert Morris University||401 S. State Street, |
Chicago, IL 60605
|Rockford Career College||1130 S Alpine Rd, |
Rockford, IL 61108
|Sanford-Brown College||1101 Eastport Plaza |
Dr, Collinsville, IL 62234
|South Suburban College||15800 State St, |
South Holland, IL 60473
|Southwestern Illinois College||2500 Carlyle Ave. | |
Belleville, IL 62221
|Waubonsee Community College||18 S. River St.|
Aurora, IL 60506-4134
|Westwood College||1 North State Street, Suite 1000 |
Chicago, IL 60602