Illinois, with a population of 12.8 million people, boasts the country’s third biggest city, Chicago. But not all the state’s medical aide jobs are centered in the Windy City. You can join the more than 1,500 medical helpmates who currently work in this state, where jobs in this field are available and ready to be filled.
Once you’ve narrowed down your school choice to about three to five schools, it’s time to start asking the tough questions. Go on tours of your chosen facilities or inquire about important elements over the phone. Ask about tuition rates, night or online class availability, training opportunities, certification, campus features, and admission requirements.
How to Get Certified in Illinois
Most of these schools do offer some kind of financial aid to assist students who are having difficulty paying the tuition. With more than 20 schools in Illinois offering programs for medical aides, you are sure to find the right programs offering the degrees you need. Not all are accredited, so this should be one of your crucial questions when scoping out colleges. Scholarships are available through the Illinois Society of Medial Assistants. Seek out additional help through the Illinois Society of Medical Assistants for job mentoring and job hunting assistance.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Illinois
Illinois medical helpers earn a staggering $17 per hour on average, which is more than the average of surrounding states and the nation as a whole. The national median hourly wage is about $14, or $29,300 a year throughout the country, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This represents a rare opportunity to make better than average money as a medical helpers in Illinois.
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Illinois
|Brown Mackie College||2119 Kimberly Rd, |
Bettendorf, IA 52722
|College of DuPage||425 Fawell Blvd., |
Glen Ellyn IL60137
|College of Lake County||19351 West Washington Street, |
Grayslake, IL 60030-1198
|First Institute||Crystal Lake, Illinoise||http://www.firstinstitute.edu/|
|Fox College||18020 Oak Park Ave, |
Tinley Park, IL 60477
|Harper College||1200 West Algonquin Road|
Palatine, IL 60067
|Kaplan University||550 W Van Buren St, |
Chicago, IL 60607
|Midstate College||411 W Northmoor Rd, |
Peoria, IL 61614
|Midwest Technical Institute||2731 Farmers Market Road|
Springfield, IL 62707
|Moraine Valley Community College||9000 W. College Pkwy. |
Palos Hills, IL 60465-2478
|National Latino Education Institute||2011 West Pershing Road |
Chicago, IL 60609
|Northwestern College||7725 S. Harlem Ave. |
Bridgeview, IL 60455
|Rasmussen College||2363 Sequoia Dr.|
Aurora, IL 60506
|Robert Morris University||401 S. State Street, |
Chicago, IL 60605
|Rockford Career College||1130 S Alpine Rd, |
Rockford, IL 61108
|Sanford-Brown College||1101 Eastport Plaza |
Dr, Collinsville, IL 62234
|South Suburban College||15800 State St, |
South Holland, IL 60473
|Southwestern Illinois College||2500 Carlyle Ave. | |
Belleville, IL 62221
|Waubonsee Community College||18 S. River St.|
Aurora, IL 60506-4134
|Westwood College||1 North State Street, Suite 1000 |
Chicago, IL 60602