Illinois, with a population of 12.8 million people, boasts the country’s third biggest city, Chicago. But not all the state’s medical aide jobs are centered in the Windy City. You can join the more than 1,500 medical helpmates who currently work in this state, where jobs in this field are available and ready to be filled.
Once you’ve narrowed down your school choice to about three to five schools, it’s time to start asking the tough questions. Go on tours of your chosen facilities or inquire about important elements over the phone. Ask about tuition rates, night or online class availability, training opportunities, certification, campus features, and admission requirements.
How to Get Certified in Illinois
Most of these schools do offer some kind of financial aid to assist students who are having difficulty paying the tuition. With more than 20 schools in Illinois offering programs for medical aides, you are sure to find the right programs offering the degrees you need. Not all are accredited, so this should be one of your crucial questions when scoping out colleges. Scholarships are available through the Illinois Society of Medial Assistants. Seek out additional help through the Illinois Society of Medical Assistants for job mentoring and job hunting assistance.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Illinois
Illinois medical helpers earn a staggering $17 per hour on average, which is more than the average of surrounding states and the nation as a whole. The national median hourly wage is about $14, or $29,300 a year throughout the country, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This represents a rare opportunity to make better than average money as a medical helpers in Illinois.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- A.S. Occupational Therapy Assistant
- At Miller-Motte, our mission is to provide each and every student with a quality education that will prepare them to enter and succeed in their new careers.
- Not all students are able to travel to a campus, so we offer online courses and programs to fit their busy lives.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs offer a variety of Certificate of Completion and Associate of Applied Science Degree programs;like: Business, Healthcare, Legal and Protective Services and Technology
- To assist students with any educational challenge Miller-Motte offers tutoring services to all online students. Tutoring is offered on an as-needed basis, at no additional charge.
- If you work full-time, have family obligations or are interested in learning the skills needed to start a new career in the comfort of your own home, we can help you train for a new career.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs are set up to meet the needs of employers. When you complete one of our many courses or programs, you’ll have the skills needed to stand out in the job market.
- Allied Health Management - Bachelor of Science
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Illinois
|Brown Mackie College||2119 Kimberly Rd, |
Bettendorf, IA 52722
|College of DuPage||425 Fawell Blvd., |
Glen Ellyn IL60137
|College of Lake County||19351 West Washington Street, |
Grayslake, IL 60030-1198
|First Institute||Crystal Lake, Illinoise||http://www.firstinstitute.edu/|
|Fox College||18020 Oak Park Ave, |
Tinley Park, IL 60477
|Harper College||1200 West Algonquin Road|
Palatine, IL 60067
|Kaplan University||550 W Van Buren St, |
Chicago, IL 60607
|Midstate College||411 W Northmoor Rd, |
Peoria, IL 61614
|Midwest Technical Institute||2731 Farmers Market Road|
Springfield, IL 62707
|Moraine Valley Community College||9000 W. College Pkwy. |
Palos Hills, IL 60465-2478
|National Latino Education Institute||2011 West Pershing Road |
Chicago, IL 60609
|Northwestern College||7725 S. Harlem Ave. |
Bridgeview, IL 60455
|Rasmussen College||2363 Sequoia Dr.|
Aurora, IL 60506
|Robert Morris University||401 S. State Street, |
Chicago, IL 60605
|Rockford Career College||1130 S Alpine Rd, |
Rockford, IL 61108
|Sanford-Brown College||1101 Eastport Plaza |
Dr, Collinsville, IL 62234
|South Suburban College||15800 State St, |
South Holland, IL 60473
|Southwestern Illinois College||2500 Carlyle Ave. | |
Belleville, IL 62221
|Waubonsee Community College||18 S. River St.|
Aurora, IL 60506-4134
|Westwood College||1 North State Street, Suite 1000 |
Chicago, IL 60602