Illinois, with a population of 12.8 million people, boasts the country’s third biggest city, Chicago. But not all the state’s medical aide jobs are centered in the Windy City. You can join the more than 1,500 medical helpmates who currently work in this state, where jobs in this field are available and ready to be filled.
Once you’ve narrowed down your school choice to about three to five schools, it’s time to start asking the tough questions. Go on tours of your chosen facilities or inquire about important elements over the phone. Ask about tuition rates, night or online class availability, training opportunities, certification, campus features, and admission requirements.
How to Get Certified in Illinois
Most of these schools do offer some kind of financial aid to assist students who are having difficulty paying the tuition. With more than 20 schools in Illinois offering programs for medical aides, you are sure to find the right programs offering the degrees you need. Not all are accredited, so this should be one of your crucial questions when scoping out colleges. Scholarships are available through the Illinois Society of Medial Assistants. Seek out additional help through the Illinois Society of Medical Assistants for job mentoring and job hunting assistance.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Illinois
Illinois medical helpers earn a staggering $17 per hour on average, which is more than the average of surrounding states and the nation as a whole. The national median hourly wage is about $14, or $29,300 a year throughout the country, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. This represents a rare opportunity to make better than average money as a medical helpers in Illinois.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Business Administration - Healthcare Management (BS) (Online)
- Do you aspire to fulfill an evolving healthcare role as a highly-qualified nursing professional? GCU is the place for you.
- RNs, pursue your BSN or MSN conveniently online, backed by the legacy of GCU's traditional campus.
- GCU's bachelor's and master's programs prepare students to fill roles in direct care, management, health education and administrative disciplines.
- The baccalaureate degree in nursing and master's degree in nursing at GCU are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Develop with hands-on practice, online and lab simulations and in depth peer discussions exploring best practices.
- Doctor of Nursing Practice with an Emphasis in Educational Leadership
- M.S. in Nursing with an Emphasis in Leadership in Health Care Systems (Bridge)
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Bachelor's (BBA) - Healthcare Management
- MBA - Healthcare Management
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
- Master of Science in Management - Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management
- Master of Science in Healthcare Management - Informatics
- And more...
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
- Master of Public Health
- BS in Public Health
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Master of Public Health Global Health
- Master of Public Health: Nutrition
- Master of Public Health: Health Promotion
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Master in Business Administration - Health Services Administration
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Illinois
|Brown Mackie College||2119 Kimberly Rd, |
Bettendorf, IA 52722
|College of DuPage||425 Fawell Blvd., |
Glen Ellyn IL60137
|College of Lake County||19351 West Washington Street, |
Grayslake, IL 60030-1198
|First Institute||Crystal Lake, Illinoise||http://www.firstinstitute.edu/|
|Fox College||18020 Oak Park Ave, |
Tinley Park, IL 60477
|Harper College||1200 West Algonquin Road|
Palatine, IL 60067
|Kaplan University||550 W Van Buren St, |
Chicago, IL 60607
|Midstate College||411 W Northmoor Rd, |
Peoria, IL 61614
|Midwest Technical Institute||2731 Farmers Market Road|
Springfield, IL 62707
|Moraine Valley Community College||9000 W. College Pkwy. |
Palos Hills, IL 60465-2478
|National Latino Education Institute||2011 West Pershing Road |
Chicago, IL 60609
|Northwestern College||7725 S. Harlem Ave. |
Bridgeview, IL 60455
|Rasmussen College||2363 Sequoia Dr.|
Aurora, IL 60506
|Robert Morris University||401 S. State Street, |
Chicago, IL 60605
|Rockford Career College||1130 S Alpine Rd, |
Rockford, IL 61108
|Sanford-Brown College||1101 Eastport Plaza |
Dr, Collinsville, IL 62234
|South Suburban College||15800 State St, |
South Holland, IL 60473
|Southwestern Illinois College||2500 Carlyle Ave. | |
Belleville, IL 62221
|Waubonsee Community College||18 S. River St.|
Aurora, IL 60506-4134
|Westwood College||1 North State Street, Suite 1000 |
Chicago, IL 60602