As part of your search for medical aide schools throughout the state of Indiana, don’t neglect sending out at least five applications to ensure a good crop of offerings. Indiana is currently experiencing a demand for medical helpmates to help in doctors’ offices and medical facilities. Doing the proper research before settling on a school is a smart move. Ask family and friends for recommendations and speak to your career counselor if you have one.
Affectionately called the Hoosier State, Indiana is home to 6.5 million people and the famed Indianapolis 500. However, with several programs within colleges across the state, the chances are better than ever before to secure a position in the medical assistance industry. Salaries here are mid-range and in line with other states in the area.
How to Get Certified in Indiana
You’ll find about 10 schools that provide medical attendant programs. You can earn a degree or certificate from any one of these schools, many of which are accredited in the state. Seek help from the American Medical Technologists and the American Association of Medical Attendants for scholarships and job mentoring.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Indiana
The mean hourly wage for a medical helpers in this state is about $13 an hour, slightly below the national average of $14 per hour which translates to about $29,000 per year. The highest concentration of these jobs is in large urban centers such as Indianapolis and Terre Haute. The job prospects for this sector are high, with growth expected to climb by nearly 30 percent by 2020. Getting in on the growth wave this state is experiencing can ensure a good paying job within a conveniently-located doctors’ office or hospital.
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Indiana
|Brown Mackie College||Fort Wayne, Indiana||https://www.brownmackie.edu/locations/fort-wayne|
|Clarian Health||1701 N Senate Blvd, |
Indianapolis, IN 46202
|Davenport University||6191 Kraft Avenue SE|
Grand Rapids, IN 49512
|Everest College||Merrillville, Indiana||https://www.harrison.edu/|
|Harrison College||Anderson, Indiana||https://www.harrison.edu/|
|International Business College||5699 Coventry Lane|
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46804
|Ivy Tech Community College||104 West 53rd Street|
Anderson, IN 46013-1502
|Kaplan College||7833 Indianapolis Boulevard|
Hammond, IN 46324
|Kaplan University - Ground||9000 Keystone Crossing #800, |
Indianapolis, IN 46240
|MedTech College||1500 American Way, |
Greenwood, IN 46143
|Sanford-Brown College||4030 Vincennes Rd|