As part of your search for medical aide schools throughout the state of Indiana, don’t neglect sending out at least five applications to ensure a good crop of offerings. Indiana is currently experiencing a demand for medical helpmates to help in doctors’ offices and medical facilities. Doing the proper research before settling on a school is a smart move. Ask family and friends for recommendations and speak to your career counselor if you have one.
Affectionately called the Hoosier State, Indiana is home to 6.5 million people and the famed Indianapolis 500. However, with several programs within colleges across the state, the chances are better than ever before to secure a position in the medical assistance industry. Salaries here are mid-range and in line with other states in the area.
How to Get Certified in Indiana
You’ll find about 10 schools that provide medical attendant programs. You can earn a degree or certificate from any one of these schools, many of which are accredited in the state. Seek help from the American Medical Technologists and the American Association of Medical Attendants for scholarships and job mentoring.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Indiana
The mean hourly wage for a medical helpers in this state is about $13 an hour, slightly below the national average of $14 per hour which translates to about $29,000 per year. The highest concentration of these jobs is in large urban centers such as Indianapolis and Terre Haute. The job prospects for this sector are high, with growth expected to climb by nearly 30 percent by 2020. Getting in on the growth wave this state is experiencing can ensure a good paying job within a conveniently-located doctors’ office or hospital.
- Medical Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- BS in Health Sciences
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Offers programs in Massage Therapy, Allied Health and Nursing
- 100% online classes for as long as needed during required social period
- Offers practical training, and instruction from industry professionals
- Career Services
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
- BECKFIELD COLLEGE - ROOTED IN TRADITION AND EXPERIENCE, YOUR CAREER TRAINING STARTS HERE.
- Beckfield College is proud to celebrate 35 years of academic excellence in the Greater Cincinnati community.
- Beckfield College is focused on, and dedicated to, a personalized teaching and learning environment designed to support the personal and professional career development of quality students.
- At Beckfield College we offer personalized attention and will help you every step of the way. From the time you come in to meet with your admissions representative through graduation and beyond.
- Beckfield has programs that focus on Allied Health. Students appreciate the smaller learning environment and passionate instructors.
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Billing/Coding
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Indiana
|Brown Mackie College||Fort Wayne, Indiana||https://www.brownmackie.edu/locations/fort-wayne|
|Clarian Health||1701 N Senate Blvd, |
Indianapolis, IN 46202
|Davenport University||6191 Kraft Avenue SE|
Grand Rapids, IN 49512
|Everest College||Merrillville, Indiana||https://www.harrison.edu/|
|Harrison College||Anderson, Indiana||https://www.harrison.edu/|
|International Business College||5699 Coventry Lane|
Fort Wayne, Indiana 46804
|Ivy Tech Community College||104 West 53rd Street|
Anderson, IN 46013-1502
|Kaplan College||7833 Indianapolis Boulevard|
Hammond, IN 46324
|Kaplan University - Ground||9000 Keystone Crossing #800, |
Indianapolis, IN 46240
|MedTech College||1500 American Way, |
Greenwood, IN 46143
|Sanford-Brown College||4030 Vincennes Rd|