To become a certified medical attendant, it is important that your school has been accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). Some schools also offer a core curriculum for those interested in earning a degree as well as fulfilling certification requirements. An accredited school will also have more financial aid options and, in the event of a school change, will have credits that will be easier to transfer.
How to Get Certified in Iowa
Programs that are accepted by CAAHEP or ABHES will consist of academic and clinical training including but not limited to: basic anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, pathology and disease, pharmacology, nutrition, psychology, CPR/first aid, insurance coding, client communication, proper record keeping and diagnostic and treatment procedures. You will also learn the medical laws and ethics that are specific to Des Moines. Students will then complete a practicum, which is unpaid, hands-on and in a medical setting. Upon completion of training, students will be eligible to complete the certification exam.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Iowa
The salary for a CMA can range from 25,000 to 35,000. The variation has to do with factors like experience, benefits packages and bonuses. Most CMAs make about 30,000 a year. Once you have been a CMA for at least five years, you are eligible to become an RMA. This additional certification normally yields an income increase.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- At Miller-Motte, our mission is to provide each and every student with a quality education that will prepare them to enter and succeed in their new careers.
- Not all students are able to travel to a campus, so we offer online courses and programs to fit their busy lives.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs offer a variety of Certificate of Completion and Associate of Applied Science Degree programs;like: Business, Healthcare, Legal and Protective Services and Technology
- To assist students with any educational challenge Miller-Motte offers tutoring services to all online students. Tutoring is offered on an as-needed basis, at no additional charge.
- If you work full-time, have family obligations or are interested in learning the skills needed to start a new career in the comfort of your own home, we can help you train for a new career.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs are set up to meet the needs of employers. When you complete one of our many courses or programs, you’ll have the skills needed to stand out in the job market.
- Allied Health Management - Bachelor of Science
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Iowa
|Des Moines Area Community College||1100 7th St, Des Moines, IA 50314||http://www.dmacc.edu/|
|Ellsworth Community College||1100 College Avenue, |
Iowa Falls, Iowa 50126
|Iowa Central Community College||One Triton Circle|
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
|Iowa Lakes Community College||300 S 18th St, |
Estherville, IA 51334
|Iowa Western Community College||2700 College Rd.|
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
|Kirkwood Community College||6301 Kirkwood Blvd. SW|
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404
|Mercy College of Health Sciences||928 6th Avenue, |
Des Moines, Iowa 50309-1239
|North Iowa Area Community College||500 College Drive, |
Mason City, IA 50401
|Southeastern Community College||1500 West Agency Rd|
West Burlington, Iowa 52655
|Vatterott College||Des Moines, Iowa||http://www.vatterott.edu/des_moines.asp|