To become a certified medical attendant, it is important that your school has been accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). Some schools also offer a core curriculum for those interested in earning a degree as well as fulfilling certification requirements. An accredited school will also have more financial aid options and, in the event of a school change, will have credits that will be easier to transfer.
How to Get Certified in Iowa
Programs that are accepted by CAAHEP or ABHES will consist of academic and clinical training including but not limited to: basic anatomy and physiology, medical terminology, pathology and disease, pharmacology, nutrition, psychology, CPR/first aid, insurance coding, client communication, proper record keeping and diagnostic and treatment procedures. You will also learn the medical laws and ethics that are specific to Des Moines. Students will then complete a practicum, which is unpaid, hands-on and in a medical setting. Upon completion of training, students will be eligible to complete the certification exam.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Iowa
The salary for a CMA can range from 25,000 to 35,000. The variation has to do with factors like experience, benefits packages and bonuses. Most CMAs make about 30,000 a year. Once you have been a CMA for at least five years, you are eligible to become an RMA. This additional certification normally yields an income increase.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Iowa
|Des Moines Area Community College||1100 7th St, Des Moines, IA 50314||http://www.dmacc.edu/|
|Ellsworth Community College||1100 College Avenue, |
Iowa Falls, Iowa 50126
|Iowa Central Community College||One Triton Circle|
Fort Dodge, IA 50501
|Iowa Lakes Community College||300 S 18th St, |
Estherville, IA 51334
|Iowa Western Community College||2700 College Rd.|
Council Bluffs, IA 51503
|Kirkwood Community College||6301 Kirkwood Blvd. SW|
Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404
|Mercy College of Health Sciences||928 6th Avenue, |
Des Moines, Iowa 50309-1239
|North Iowa Area Community College||500 College Drive, |
Mason City, IA 50401
|Southeastern Community College||1500 West Agency Rd|
West Burlington, Iowa 52655
|Vatterott College||Des Moines, Iowa||http://www.vatterott.edu/des_moines.asp|