Find Accredited Medical Assistant Schools in Jacksonville, Florida
There are three schools in Jacksonville that provide degree programs for medical assisting. In 2010, 938 students graduated from Jacksonville medical assistant programs. Students from medical assistant schools in Jacksonville pay an average of $10,647 each year for tuition and 1,150 for books and supplies. Jones College offers a two year medical assistant course leading to an Associate’s Degree. Virginia College-Jacksonville offers an Associate’s Degree program and two diploma programs. Students can earn a 48 credit hour diploma in 44 weeks or a 60 credit hour diploma in 55 weeks. The Associate’s Degree program is designed to be completed in 88 weeks. Both a certificate and Associate’s Degree program are available at Southern Career College as well.
Nine medical assistant training programs are available in Jacksonville including those offered in schools with degree programs. United Education Institute has the largest medical assistant training program in Jacksonville. In 2010 there were 317 graduates from UEI. They offer an 8 month training program, and graduates are awarded a diploma upon completion. Florida State College at Jacksonville offers a program leading to a Medical Coder/Biller Applied Technology Diploma. Students must complete 26 credit hours to complete the course. Everest University offers a medical assistant program leading to a diploma. The program includes classroom instruction flowed by an externship. Sanford-Brown University’s medical assistant program is designed to be completed in approximately 14 weeks. Graduates receive a diploma. The 30 week training program at Concord Career Institute leads to a certificate. The medical assistant training programs at FastTrain and Kaplan College prepare students for national licensure or certification programs and lead to a certificate.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Jacksonville, Florida
Employment prospects for medical assistants in Jacksonville are good. The number of positions available is expected to increase by 30 percent by 2018. This is higher than the national average. Medical assistant salaries are lower in the area than the average for the state of Florida. Average salaries for medical assistants in Jacksonville are around $27,560 per year.
List of Medical Assistant Schools near Jacksonville, Florida
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
Train for the real-world skills that help you launch a successful technology or healthcare career with a degree, or diploma from Florida Career College.
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
List of Medical Assistant Programs in Jacksonville, Florida
Florida State College at Jacksonville
United Education Institute
Concord Career Institute
Southern Career College