The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that medical aide can expect an excellent employment growth between 2012 and 2022. If you’d like to become part of this industry, learn what it takes to become a physician medical assistant in Kentucky.
Students choosing a medical profession career such as medical assisting don’t always understand the importance of choosing a school that’s accredited. Accredited schools tend to provide the student with the training most needed to enter the job market. Additionally, they also prepare students to take the certification exam. Some certifying agencies require that the student complete an accredited program before they can be eligible to take the certification exam. Look for schools that are either CAAHEP- or ABHES-certified. The CAAHEP indicates that the Kentucky has about 14 accredited medical attendant schools.
How to Get Certified in Kentucky
Medical assisting training programs in Kentucky are offered as certificates, diplomas or degrees. The curriculum for this training includes medical and administrative courses such as medical terminology, first aid and emergency care, human anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, and medical office procedures. The student also is required to complete a clinical practicum to obtain hands-on training working in a medical office or clinic. Medical helpmates are not required to be licensed, but many choose to obtain certification by passing a test through the American Medical Technologists or the American Associate of Medical Attendants.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Kentucky
According to the BLS, salaries for medical helpers in Kentucky tend to be below the national average of $30,550. The mean annual wage for medical aides working in Kentucky was $27,040 as of May 2012. However wages fluctuated throughout the state; medical helpmates in Middletown earned about $29,650 in 2012, while those in Elizabethtown earned about $23,800.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Kentucky
|ATA Career Education||10180 Linn Station Road, Suite a-200, |
Louisville, KY 40223
|Bluegrass Community and Technical College||470 Cooper Drive|
Lexington KY 40506-0235
|Eastern Kentucky University||521 Lancaster Ave, |
Richmond, KY 40475
|Henderson Community College||2660 S Green Street, |
Henderson, KY 42420
|Jefferson Community and Technical College||109 East Broadway, |
Louisville, KY 40202
|Maysville Community and Technical College||1755 US 68, |
Maysville, KY 41056
|National College||115 East Lexington Avenue, |
Danville, KY 40422
|Spencerian College||1575 Winchester Road |
Lexington, KY 40505 USA
|Sullivan University||3101 Bardstown Rd, |
Louisville, KY 40205