The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that medical aide can expect an excellent employment growth between 2012 and 2022. If you’d like to become part of this industry, learn what it takes to become a physician medical assistant in Kentucky.
Students choosing a medical profession career such as medical assisting don’t always understand the importance of choosing a school that’s accredited. Accredited schools tend to provide the student with the training most needed to enter the job market. Additionally, they also prepare students to take the certification exam. Some certifying agencies require that the student complete an accredited program before they can be eligible to take the certification exam. Look for schools that are either CAAHEP- or ABHES-certified. The CAAHEP indicates that the Kentucky has about 14 accredited medical attendant schools.
How to Get Certified in Kentucky
Medical assisting training programs in Kentucky are offered as certificates, diplomas or degrees. The curriculum for this training includes medical and administrative courses such as medical terminology, first aid and emergency care, human anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, and medical office procedures. The student also is required to complete a clinical practicum to obtain hands-on training working in a medical office or clinic. Medical helpmates are not required to be licensed, but many choose to obtain certification by passing a test through the American Medical Technologists or the American Associate of Medical Attendants.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Kentucky
According to the BLS, salaries for medical helpers in Kentucky tend to be below the national average of $30,550. The mean annual wage for medical aides working in Kentucky was $27,040 as of May 2012. However wages fluctuated throughout the state; medical helpmates in Middletown earned about $29,650 in 2012, while those in Elizabethtown earned about $23,800.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- A.S. Occupational Therapy Assistant
- At Miller-Motte, our mission is to provide each and every student with a quality education that will prepare them to enter and succeed in their new careers.
- Not all students are able to travel to a campus, so we offer online courses and programs to fit their busy lives.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs offer a variety of Certificate of Completion and Associate of Applied Science Degree programs;like: Business, Healthcare, Legal and Protective Services and Technology
- To assist students with any educational challenge Miller-Motte offers tutoring services to all online students. Tutoring is offered on an as-needed basis, at no additional charge.
- If you work full-time, have family obligations or are interested in learning the skills needed to start a new career in the comfort of your own home, we can help you train for a new career.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs are set up to meet the needs of employers. When you complete one of our many courses or programs, you’ll have the skills needed to stand out in the job market.
- Allied Health Management - Bachelor of Science
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (Post PTA)
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Kentucky
|ATA Career Education||10180 Linn Station Road, Suite a-200, |
Louisville, KY 40223
|Bluegrass Community and Technical College||470 Cooper Drive|
Lexington KY 40506-0235
|Eastern Kentucky University||521 Lancaster Ave, |
Richmond, KY 40475
|Henderson Community College||2660 S Green Street, |
Henderson, KY 42420
|Jefferson Community and Technical College||109 East Broadway, |
Louisville, KY 40202
|Maysville Community and Technical College||1755 US 68, |
Maysville, KY 41056
|National College||115 East Lexington Avenue, |
Danville, KY 40422
|Spencerian College||1575 Winchester Road |
Lexington, KY 40505 USA
|Sullivan University||3101 Bardstown Rd, |
Louisville, KY 40205