The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that medical aide can expect an excellent employment growth between 2012 and 2022. If you’d like to become part of this industry, learn what it takes to become a physician medical assistant in Kentucky.
Students choosing a medical profession career such as medical assisting don’t always understand the importance of choosing a school that’s accredited. Accredited schools tend to provide the student with the training most needed to enter the job market. Additionally, they also prepare students to take the certification exam. Some certifying agencies require that the student complete an accredited program before they can be eligible to take the certification exam. Look for schools that are either CAAHEP- or ABHES-certified. The CAAHEP indicates that the Kentucky has about 14 accredited medical attendant schools.
How to Get Certified in Kentucky
Medical assisting training programs in Kentucky are offered as certificates, diplomas or degrees. The curriculum for this training includes medical and administrative courses such as medical terminology, first aid and emergency care, human anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, and medical office procedures. The student also is required to complete a clinical practicum to obtain hands-on training working in a medical office or clinic. Medical helpmates are not required to be licensed, but many choose to obtain certification by passing a test through the American Medical Technologists or the American Associate of Medical Attendants.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Kentucky
According to the BLS, salaries for medical helpers in Kentucky tend to be below the national average of $30,550. The mean annual wage for medical aides working in Kentucky was $27,040 as of May 2012. However wages fluctuated throughout the state; medical helpmates in Middletown earned about $29,650 in 2012, while those in Elizabethtown earned about $23,800.
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Billing and Coding Specialist
- And more...
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- A.S. Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Medical Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Kentucky
|ATA Career Education||10180 Linn Station Road, Suite a-200, |
Louisville, KY 40223
|Bluegrass Community and Technical College||470 Cooper Drive|
Lexington KY 40506-0235
|Eastern Kentucky University||521 Lancaster Ave, |
Richmond, KY 40475
|Henderson Community College||2660 S Green Street, |
Henderson, KY 42420
|Jefferson Community and Technical College||109 East Broadway, |
Louisville, KY 40202
|Maysville Community and Technical College||1755 US 68, |
Maysville, KY 41056
|National College||115 East Lexington Avenue, |
Danville, KY 40422
|Spencerian College||1575 Winchester Road |
Lexington, KY 40505 USA
|Sullivan University||3101 Bardstown Rd, |
Louisville, KY 40205