The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that medical aide can expect an excellent employment growth between 2012 and 2022. If you’d like to become part of this industry, learn what it takes to become a physician medical assistant in Kentucky.
Students choosing a medical profession career such as medical assisting don’t always understand the importance of choosing a school that’s accredited. Accredited schools tend to provide the student with the training most needed to enter the job market. Additionally, they also prepare students to take the certification exam. Some certifying agencies require that the student complete an accredited program before they can be eligible to take the certification exam. Look for schools that are either CAAHEP- or ABHES-certified. The CAAHEP indicates that the Kentucky has about 14 accredited medical attendant schools.
How to Get Certified in Kentucky
Medical assisting training programs in Kentucky are offered as certificates, diplomas or degrees. The curriculum for this training includes medical and administrative courses such as medical terminology, first aid and emergency care, human anatomy and physiology, pharmacology, and medical office procedures. The student also is required to complete a clinical practicum to obtain hands-on training working in a medical office or clinic. Medical helpmates are not required to be licensed, but many choose to obtain certification by passing a test through the American Medical Technologists or the American Associate of Medical Attendants.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Kentucky
According to the BLS, salaries for medical helpers in Kentucky tend to be below the national average of $30,550. The mean annual wage for medical aides working in Kentucky was $27,040 as of May 2012. However wages fluctuated throughout the state; medical helpmates in Middletown earned about $29,650 in 2012, while those in Elizabethtown earned about $23,800.
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Kentucky
|ATA Career Education||10180 Linn Station Road, Suite a-200, |
Louisville, KY 40223
|Bluegrass Community and Technical College||470 Cooper Drive|
Lexington KY 40506-0235
|Eastern Kentucky University||521 Lancaster Ave, |
Richmond, KY 40475
|Henderson Community College||2660 S Green Street, |
Henderson, KY 42420
|Jefferson Community and Technical College||109 East Broadway, |
Louisville, KY 40202
|Maysville Community and Technical College||1755 US 68, |
Maysville, KY 41056
|National College||115 East Lexington Avenue, |
Danville, KY 40422
|Spencerian College||1575 Winchester Road |
Lexington, KY 40505 USA
|Sullivan University||3101 Bardstown Rd, |
Louisville, KY 40205