If you live in Las Vegas and are thinking about becoming a medical assistant, you should know that this vocational decision can bring you a wide variety of wonderful professional advantages as well as personal fulfillment. In order to ensure that you pursue your dream effectively, it is important that you gain a basic understanding of the training and/or certification programs you’ll need to complete in order to make yourself a marketable job candidate. By learning more about medical assistant schools in Las Vegas and the classes you need to take to earn degrees or certification, you’ll be ready to pursue your vocational goal with confidence.
The first thing you need to do once you realize that you want to become a medical assistant is find a school that is accredited. This step is immensely important because many employers will not hire job candidates who have attained educational training from an institution that is not accredited. There are several ways that you can determine if a school is accredited, and one of them includes doing an internet search to find out. To make this process simple, you can use the accreditation verification services found at the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools.
Medical Assistant Training Program in Las Vegas, Nevada
Once you’ve found an accredited medical assistant school, it’s important that you learn as much about the program as possible. In general, you’ll be required to take several basic courses covering subjects such as patient care, patient communication, medical insurance, cardiopulmonary procedures, clinical pharmacology, endocrinology and reproduction, and therapeutic care.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Las Vegas, Nevada
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a medical assistant in Las Vegas is $31,000. This salary is subject to change based on various factors including but not limited to experience, expertise, and education level.
List of Medical Attendant Program near Las Vegas, Nevada
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
List of Medical Assistant Schools in Las Vegas, Nevada
There are a plethora of great medical assistant programs that you can access from or within Las Vegas. Some of them include:
1. Anthem Institute
2. Kaplan College
3. Academy of Healing Arts
4. College of Southern Nevada
5. Northwest Health Centers
6. Pima Medical Institute
If you are thinking about pursuing a career as a medical assistant, attaining the right type of certification or degree can help you get your career off to an excellent start. By reading the information listed above, you can attain the basic information necessary to make an informed decision regarding which school to attend. Good luck!