If you live in Las Vegas and are thinking about becoming a medical assistant, you should know that this vocational decision can bring you a wide variety of wonderful professional advantages as well as personal fulfillment. In order to ensure that you pursue your dream effectively, it is important that you gain a basic understanding of the training and/or certification programs you’ll need to complete in order to make yourself a marketable job candidate. By learning more about medical assistant schools in Las Vegas and the classes you need to take to earn degrees or certification, you’ll be ready to pursue your vocational goal with confidence.
The first thing you need to do once you realize that you want to become a medical assistant is find a school that is accredited. This step is immensely important because many employers will not hire job candidates who have attained educational training from an institution that is not accredited. There are several ways that you can determine if a school is accredited, and one of them includes doing an internet search to find out. To make this process simple, you can use the accreditation verification services found at the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools.
Medical Assistant Training Program in Las Vegas, Nevada
Once you’ve found an accredited medical assistant school, it’s important that you learn as much about the program as possible. In general, you’ll be required to take several basic courses covering subjects such as patient care, patient communication, medical insurance, cardiopulmonary procedures, clinical pharmacology, endocrinology and reproduction, and therapeutic care.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Las Vegas, Nevada
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a medical assistant in Las Vegas is $31,000. This salary is subject to change based on various factors including but not limited to experience, expertise, and education level.
List of Medical Attendant Program near Las Vegas, Nevada
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Earn your Bachelor of Science in Public Health - 100% online
- Learn about controlling infectious disease, improving healthcare access, and more
- South University brings over 115 years of achievement and tradition to a supportive, online classroom
- We're now Non-Profit.
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
List of Medical Assistant Schools in Las Vegas, Nevada
There are a plethora of great medical assistant programs that you can access from or within Las Vegas. Some of them include:
1. Anthem Institute
2. Kaplan College
3. Academy of Healing Arts
4. College of Southern Nevada
5. Northwest Health Centers
6. Pima Medical Institute
If you are thinking about pursuing a career as a medical assistant, attaining the right type of certification or degree can help you get your career off to an excellent start. By reading the information listed above, you can attain the basic information necessary to make an informed decision regarding which school to attend. Good luck!