Choosing to go to medical attending school is a big decision, and you want to make sure that you get the training you need to start your career. If you live in Louisiana and want to stay at home while taking classes, read on to find out more about programs within the state.
There are two ways that you can find good medical assistant programs in Louisiana. One way is to look for schools that focus on careers in the medical field, and the other is to search for programs at local community colleges and universities. Either way, a good program should be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools.
How to Get Certified in Louisiana
In Louisiana, a good medical attending training program should be part of a larger plan and lead to either a diploma or associate’s degree. Since medical aides need to be able to do clinical and office work, look for a school that doesn’t emphasize one kind of work while neglecting the other – once you get a job as a medical assistant, you’ll find yourself doing everything from answering the phone to collecting blood and urine samples.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Louisiana
The average medical helper in the state of Louisiana makes $12.77 per hour. This works out to be $26,560 per year, but you could make less or more depending on your experience and company pay scales. The top 10 percent of medical helpmates make over $35,000 every year.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
- Massage Therapy
- Business Administration
- Electronic Health Records
- Medical Billing & Coding
- Medical Assisting/Medical Clinical Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Surgical Technology
- Criminal Justice
- Commercial & Industrial Maintenance Technician
- IT Support Specialist
- Medical Clinical Assistant - Diploma
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Louisiana
|Bossier Parish Community College||6220 E Texas St, |
Bossier City, LA 71111
|Career Technical College||2319 Louisville Ave, |
Monroe, LA 71201
|Career Technical College||Shreveport, Loisiana||https://www.mccann.edu/campuses/mccann-shreveport-career-training|
|Herzing University||Kenner, Loisiana||https://www.herzing.edu/new-orleans
|MedVance Institute||9255 Interline Ave|
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
|Virginia College||Baton Rouge, Loisiana||