Choosing to go to medical attending school is a big decision, and you want to make sure that you get the training you need to start your career. If you live in Louisiana and want to stay at home while taking classes, read on to find out more about programs within the state.
There are two ways that you can find good medical assistant programs in Louisiana. One way is to look for schools that focus on careers in the medical field, and the other is to search for programs at local community colleges and universities. Either way, a good program should be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools.
How to Get Certified in Louisiana
In Louisiana, a good medical attending training program should be part of a larger plan and lead to either a diploma or associate’s degree. Since medical aides need to be able to do clinical and office work, look for a school that doesn’t emphasize one kind of work while neglecting the other – once you get a job as a medical assistant, you’ll find yourself doing everything from answering the phone to collecting blood and urine samples.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Louisiana
The average medical helper in the state of Louisiana makes $12.77 per hour. This works out to be $26,560 per year, but you could make less or more depending on your experience and company pay scales. The top 10 percent of medical helpmates make over $35,000 every year.
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
Our mission is YOUR SUCCESS!
When you succeed, we succeed. That is why we provide high-quality, specialized career preparation for all our students. Our goal is to help you find your rewarding career.
Our Mission Statement:
To provide high-quality, specialized career preparation or enhancement to meet and cope with technological changes resulting in employment and career success.
- Medical Assisting, Diploma
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- Find your future with a degree in Medical Billing and Coding from Fortis
- Degree offered across 10 campuses in AZ, FL, MD, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX and UT
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis also offers this degree online, for students who need more flexibility
- Be prepared for both office & hospital settings with the latest software systems
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Louisiana
|Bossier Parish Community College||6220 E Texas St, |
Bossier City, LA 71111
|Career Technical College||2319 Louisville Ave, |
Monroe, LA 71201
|Career Technical College||Shreveport, Loisiana||https://www.mccann.edu/campuses/mccann-shreveport-career-training|
|Herzing University||Kenner, Loisiana||https://www.herzing.edu/new-orleans
|MedVance Institute||9255 Interline Ave|
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
|Virginia College||Baton Rouge, Loisiana||