Choosing to go to medical attending school is a big decision, and you want to make sure that you get the training you need to start your career. If you live in Louisiana and want to stay at home while taking classes, read on to find out more about programs within the state.
There are two ways that you can find good medical assistant programs in Louisiana. One way is to look for schools that focus on careers in the medical field, and the other is to search for programs at local community colleges and universities. Either way, a good program should be accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools.
How to Get Certified in Louisiana
In Louisiana, a good medical attending training program should be part of a larger plan and lead to either a diploma or associate’s degree. Since medical aides need to be able to do clinical and office work, look for a school that doesn’t emphasize one kind of work while neglecting the other – once you get a job as a medical assistant, you’ll find yourself doing everything from answering the phone to collecting blood and urine samples.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Louisiana
The average medical helper in the state of Louisiana makes $12.77 per hour. This works out to be $26,560 per year, but you could make less or more depending on your experience and company pay scales. The top 10 percent of medical helpmates make over $35,000 every year.
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Coding
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
- Medical Billing and Coding
We keep education relevant by employing instructors with real-world experience in the field, who bring their career backgrounds to the classroom. Our programs are continually assessed by faculty, staff and members of the business and education communities to help ensure your studies align with your career goals. Programs offered by Brightwood College focus on local employment needs, in areas such as allied health, nursing and technical and professional programs.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Diploma
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Louisiana
|Bossier Parish Community College||6220 E Texas St, |
Bossier City, LA 71111
|Career Technical College||2319 Louisville Ave, |
Monroe, LA 71201
|Career Technical College||Shreveport, Loisiana||https://www.mccann.edu/campuses/mccann-shreveport-career-training|
|Herzing University||Kenner, Loisiana||https://www.herzing.edu/new-orleans
|MedVance Institute||9255 Interline Ave|
Baton Rouge, LA 70809
|Virginia College||Baton Rouge, Loisiana||