Bordered by the Atlantic Ocean and the state of New Hampshire, Maine is a beautiful and scenic place to live and work. Going to school in this state of 1.3 million can be just as rewarding, as there are several schools that specialize in medical assistance training programs and certifications.
You’ll have to be persistent when finding a job as a medical attendant in Maine, as there are not as many large urban centers here as there are in other states. The work is there, but you’ll need to be diligent in finding it. With five schools offering medical attendant classes, you’ll have to do your research into which ones are accredited and that offer full associate’s degrees. Financial aid is available.
How to Get Certified in Maine
In your search for an accredited, quality, affordable medical assistance school, ask pertinent questions when you call or tour the facilities. Find out what each school offers in the way of certificates or associate’s degrees, how much each class costs, when the programs take place, how long the program lasts and their accreditation status. This will help you further flesh out the schools that address your needs as a student looking toward a rewarding career in medical assistance. As a medical aide, you will likely work in a doctor’s office or medical center setting assisting physicians and nurses in daily tasks, such as taking patients’ temperatures and vital signs, filing paperwork and helping health care practitioners administer tests.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Maine
The annual median pay for a medical helper in the state’s capital city of Augusta, for example, is about $28,000. This is slightly under the national average of $29,370 per year, or $14.12 per hour, as reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The good news is, this occupation is expected to grow faster than average by 29 percent between 2012 and 2022.
- Professional Medical Assistant
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Maine
|Beal College||99 Farm Road|
Bangor, ME 04401
|Kaplan College||475 Lisbon St, |
Lewiston, ME 04240
|Kennebec Valley Community College||92 Western Avenue, |
Fairfield, Maine 04937
|Northeast Technical Institute||51 US Route 1, Suite K|
Scarborough, ME 04074
|Seacoast Career Schools||Sanford, Maine||http://www.seacoastcareerschools.edu/Locations/Sanford-Campus/182/|
|Southern Maine Community College||2 Fort Road, |
South Portland, Maine 04106