Bordered by the Atlantic Ocean and the state of New Hampshire, Maine is a beautiful and scenic place to live and work. Going to school in this state of 1.3 million can be just as rewarding, as there are several schools that specialize in medical assistance training programs and certifications.
You’ll have to be persistent when finding a job as a medical attendant in Maine, as there are not as many large urban centers here as there are in other states. The work is there, but you’ll need to be diligent in finding it. With five schools offering medical attendant classes, you’ll have to do your research into which ones are accredited and that offer full associate’s degrees. Financial aid is available.
How to Get Certified in Maine
In your search for an accredited, quality, affordable medical assistance school, ask pertinent questions when you call or tour the facilities. Find out what each school offers in the way of certificates or associate’s degrees, how much each class costs, when the programs take place, how long the program lasts and their accreditation status. This will help you further flesh out the schools that address your needs as a student looking toward a rewarding career in medical assistance. As a medical aide, you will likely work in a doctor’s office or medical center setting assisting physicians and nurses in daily tasks, such as taking patients’ temperatures and vital signs, filing paperwork and helping health care practitioners administer tests.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Maine
The annual median pay for a medical helper in the state’s capital city of Augusta, for example, is about $28,000. This is slightly under the national average of $29,370 per year, or $14.12 per hour, as reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The good news is, this occupation is expected to grow faster than average by 29 percent between 2012 and 2022.
- Turn Your Love of Helping Others Into a Career in the Health Care Industry With a Degree From Grand Canyon University Online
- Online bachelor's and master's health care degree programs.
- Flexible & affordable online programs designed for the working adult.
- Build a foundational skill set rooted in leadership, critical thinking and problem solving.
- Program in health care admin, health science, public health and more.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Maine
|Beal College||99 Farm Road|
Bangor, ME 04401
|Kaplan College||475 Lisbon St, |
Lewiston, ME 04240
|Kennebec Valley Community College||92 Western Avenue, |
Fairfield, Maine 04937
|Northeast Technical Institute||51 US Route 1, Suite K|
Scarborough, ME 04074
|Seacoast Career Schools||Sanford, Maine||http://www.seacoastcareerschools.edu/Locations/Sanford-Campus/182/|
|Southern Maine Community College||2 Fort Road, |
South Portland, Maine 04106