Bordered by the Atlantic Ocean and the state of New Hampshire, Maine is a beautiful and scenic place to live and work. Going to school in this state of 1.3 million can be just as rewarding, as there are several schools that specialize in medical assistance training programs and certifications.
You’ll have to be persistent when finding a job as a medical attendant in Maine, as there are not as many large urban centers here as there are in other states. The work is there, but you’ll need to be diligent in finding it. With five schools offering medical attendant classes, you’ll have to do your research into which ones are accredited and that offer full associate’s degrees. Financial aid is available.
How to Get Certified in Maine
In your search for an accredited, quality, affordable medical assistance school, ask pertinent questions when you call or tour the facilities. Find out what each school offers in the way of certificates or associate’s degrees, how much each class costs, when the programs take place, how long the program lasts and their accreditation status. This will help you further flesh out the schools that address your needs as a student looking toward a rewarding career in medical assistance. As a medical aide, you will likely work in a doctor’s office or medical center setting assisting physicians and nurses in daily tasks, such as taking patients’ temperatures and vital signs, filing paperwork and helping health care practitioners administer tests.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Maine
The annual median pay for a medical helper in the state’s capital city of Augusta, for example, is about $28,000. This is slightly under the national average of $29,370 per year, or $14.12 per hour, as reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The good news is, this occupation is expected to grow faster than average by 29 percent between 2012 and 2022.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Professional Medical Assistant
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Maine
|Beal College||99 Farm Road|
Bangor, ME 04401
|Kaplan College||475 Lisbon St, |
Lewiston, ME 04240
|Kennebec Valley Community College||92 Western Avenue, |
Fairfield, Maine 04937
|Northeast Technical Institute||51 US Route 1, Suite K|
Scarborough, ME 04074
|Seacoast Career Schools||Sanford, Maine||http://www.seacoastcareerschools.edu/Locations/Sanford-Campus/182/|
|Southern Maine Community College||2 Fort Road, |
South Portland, Maine 04106