When looking at Medical Attendant training programs and schools, it is important to look at accreditation requirements in Maryland. Accredited schools offer reputable training and degrees for quality education programs that will meet the goals and objectives of students. Students need to look at several training programs schools before settling on one. There are differences between admission requirements, fees for tuition and books, characteristics of the training programs, what time of day classes are offered, what does the curriculum involve, how long it will take to complete the training, any perquisites and what the practicum involve . Further, students will want to know the percentage of graduates from the program and how many of these students pass the AAMA exam to become a Certified Medical Attendant.
How to Get Certified in Maryland
To become a Medical Aide in the state of Maryland, you must complete a medical assisting program that has been accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Only training programs accredited by these two organizations are eligible to take the certification exam in Maryland. These Medical Aide training programs will prepare students to enter the workforce with knowledge of medical administration, laboratory techniques, clinical and diagnosis procedures, pharmacology, medical terminology, medical laws and ethics, patient relations, first aid and human anatomy, physiology and pathology.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Maryland
According to salary.com, salaries for Medical Aides in Maryland are above the national average. Salary ranges will vary depending on the geographical location within the state and general competitiveness for the positions. Below is a list of medical helpers median annual salary ranges based on cities within Maryland;
• Baltimore, Columbia, Ellicott City Glen Burnie, and Towson – $33,014
• Bethesda, Bowie, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Potomac, Silver Spring, Rockville, Waldrof – $36,644
• Frederick – $31,617
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
- Health Claims Specialist Plus
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
All-State Career - Healthcare Division is committed to providing quality training for students just like you. Financial aid is available for students who qualify. * Programs vary by location * Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technology
- Expanded Functions Dental Assisting
- And more...
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Maryland
|Allegany College of Maryland||12401 WILLOWBROOK ROAD |
CUMBERLAND, MD 21502
|Anne Arundel Community College||101 College Parkway|
Arnold, MD 21012-1895
|Cecil College||One Seahawk Drive|
North East, Maryland 21901
|Everest Institute||8757 Georgia Ave, |
Silver Spring, MD 20910
|Fortis College||6901 Security Boulevard Suite 21|
Baltimore, MD 21244
|Kaplan College||5301 Buckeystown Pike|
Frederick, MD 21704
|Kaplan University - Ground||18618 Crestwood Dr, |
Hagerstown, MD 21742
|Sanford-Brown College||7702 Woodland Center Blvd., Suite 100 |
Tampa, FL 33614
|Sanford-Brown Institute||8401 Corporate Dr|
Landover, MD 20785
|Harford Community College||Bel Air, Maryland||https://www.harford.edu/|