When looking at Medical Attendant training programs and schools, it is important to look at accreditation requirements in Maryland. Accredited schools offer reputable training and degrees for quality education programs that will meet the goals and objectives of students. Students need to look at several training programs schools before settling on one. There are differences between admission requirements, fees for tuition and books, characteristics of the training programs, what time of day classes are offered, what does the curriculum involve, how long it will take to complete the training, any perquisites and what the practicum involve . Further, students will want to know the percentage of graduates from the program and how many of these students pass the AAMA exam to become a Certified Medical Attendant.
How to Get Certified in Maryland
To become a Medical Aide in the state of Maryland, you must complete a medical assisting program that has been accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) or the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Only training programs accredited by these two organizations are eligible to take the certification exam in Maryland. These Medical Aide training programs will prepare students to enter the workforce with knowledge of medical administration, laboratory techniques, clinical and diagnosis procedures, pharmacology, medical terminology, medical laws and ethics, patient relations, first aid and human anatomy, physiology and pathology.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Maryland
According to salary.com, salaries for Medical Aides in Maryland are above the national average. Salary ranges will vary depending on the geographical location within the state and general competitiveness for the positions. Below is a list of medical helpers median annual salary ranges based on cities within Maryland;
• Baltimore, Columbia, Ellicott City Glen Burnie, and Towson – $33,014
• Bethesda, Bowie, Gaithersburg, Germantown, Potomac, Silver Spring, Rockville, Waldrof – $36,644
• Frederick – $31,617
- Professional Medical Assistant Plus
- Health Claims Specialist Plus
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Maryland
|Allegany College of Maryland||12401 WILLOWBROOK ROAD |
CUMBERLAND, MD 21502
|Anne Arundel Community College||101 College Parkway|
Arnold, MD 21012-1895
|Cecil College||One Seahawk Drive|
North East, Maryland 21901
|Everest Institute||8757 Georgia Ave, |
Silver Spring, MD 20910
|Fortis College||6901 Security Boulevard Suite 21|
Baltimore, MD 21244
|Kaplan College||5301 Buckeystown Pike|
Frederick, MD 21704
|Kaplan University - Ground||18618 Crestwood Dr, |
Hagerstown, MD 21742
|Sanford-Brown College||7702 Woodland Center Blvd., Suite 100 |
Tampa, FL 33614
|Sanford-Brown Institute||8401 Corporate Dr|
Landover, MD 20785
|Harford Community College||Bel Air, Maryland||https://www.harford.edu/|