Looking to explore a career in medical assistance? You’re in luck, as there are several medical attendant schools in Massachusetts to choose from.
When trying to get the proper training in medical assistance, you have several resources at your disposal. Go online to perform some research, seek out your current school guidance counselor if you have one, get recommendations from family and friends, and visit schools near you that offer the programs you’re looking for. As a rule, it’s recommended you contact between three and five schools as part of your research so that you have a good pool of options. Ask about cost of degrees, admissions requirements, available classes, hours and on-the-job training opportunities.
How to Get Certified in Massachusetts
In choosing a medical aide school in this state, do your research into the new health care laws. Remember that you’ll be a critical element of support going forward in terms of the Massachusetts health care system. Be an advocate for the laws in your state and find schools that are supportive of your endeavors. Your responsibilities as a medical aide will include performing both administrative and clinical job within a doctor’s office setting, such as doing paperwork and taking patients’ vitals. Your exact duties will depend on the size of the office and the type of healthcare specialty.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Massachusetts
As of 2012, the median pay for medical assistants in this state was $29,370 a year and
$14.12 an hour, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The job outlook between now and 2022 is listed at 29 percent, much faster than the average. There were 560,800 jobs in the state as of 2012 involving medical assistance, with an employment change of 162,900 expected by 2022.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Health Care Bachelor's and Master's Degrees Online From Grand Canyon University
- Develop entry-level skills, prepare to switch to a health care career or strengthen your current skill set.
- Comprehensive lessons & valuable classwork to prepare health care students for their future careers.
- Online classes provide you the flexibility to earn your health care degree from anywhere.
- Curriculum designed by health care industry experts.
- GCU's College of Nursing and Health Care Professions has a mission to promote health & wellness for all patients.
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
The mission of Mildred Elley is to provide quality career education and technical training to allow students of diverse educational, cultural and personal backgrounds to become successful in an ever-changing global economy. Mildred Elley strives to afford students quality placement opportunities and instill in all of our graduates a desire for lifelong education and learning.
- Clinical Medical Assistant-CERT
- Medical Office Assistant-CERT
- Practical Nurse (LPN)-CERT
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Massachusetts
|American International College||1000 State St, |
Springfield, MA 01109
|Bay State College||122 Commonwealth Avenue |
Boston, MA 02116
|Branford Hall Career Institute||Springfield, MA||http://www.branfordhall.edu/|
|Bristol Community College||777 Elsbree Street|
Fall River, MA 02720
|Cape Cod Community College||2240 Iyannough Road|
West Barnstable, MA 02668
|Health Training Center||451 Elm Street|
North Attleboro, MA 02760
|Kaplan Career Institute||540 Commonwealth Ave|
Boston, MA 02215
|Lincoln Technical Institute||Somerville, MA||http://www.lincolntech.edu/campus/somerville-ma|
|Massasoit Community College||One Massasoit Blvd., |
Brockton, MA 02302
|McCann Technical School||70 Hodges Cross Road, |
North Adams, MA 01247
|Medical Professional Institute||380 Pleasant St.|
Malden, MA 02148
|Middlesex Community College||591 Springs Road, |
Bedford, MA 01730
|Mildred Elley||100 West Street | Pittsfield, MA 01201||http://www.mildred-elley.edu/|
|Mount Wachusett Community College||444 Green St, |
Gardner, MA 01440
|North Shore Community College||One Ferncroft Rd, |
Danvers, MA 01923
|Northern Essex Community College||100 Elliott St, |
Haverhill, MA 01830
|Porter and Chester Institute||5 Campanelli Cir, |
Canton, MA 02021
|Quinsigamond Community College||670 W Boylston St, Worcester, MA 01606||http://www.qcc.edu/|
|Southeastern Technical College||250 Foundry St, |
South Easton, MA 02375
|Springfield Technical Community College||One Armory Square Suite 1 |
Springfield, MA 01102-9000
|The Salter School||Fall River, MA||http://www.salterschool.com/|