A medical assistant career is one that will not be going away anytime soon. Due to constant growth in the medical field, it is a wise idea to consider becoming a medical assistant. There are many accredited medical assistant schools and programs to choose from in the Miami area for those who are interested. In most cases, it takes about one year for you to graduate and begin working as a medical assistant. You should do plenty of research on the accredited schools in Miami, and figure out which program is best for you. For example, if you have plans on working at a specific place once you get you graduate, you will want to choose the school that will best prepare you for that position.
If you live in the Miami area, you have many options if you want to become a medical assistant. Regardless of what type of training program you are looking for, there is a school that’s just right for you. You should think about things like price, location, school reputation, and other options when choosing a medical assistant training program. There are programs suited to fit almost anyone’s budget. If you want to be a certified or registered medical assistant, you should find schools that offer a path to attaining these goals. It is important that the training program you choose be accredited as well, so you get proper credit for everything you learn. The Miami area has many great accredited medical assistant training programs, so find one that offers everything you need.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Miami
The average salary for a medical assistant in Miami, FL is $38,000. However, the average salary for medical assistants that are certified is $49,000. Experience also plays a role in how much you will make in this field. There are also specific positions that a certified medical assistant can get that pay more than others. For example, a permanent physician assistant in Miami has an average salary of $85,000. Like most career paths, you will most likely have to work your way up to positions that pay more. Any related degrees or certifications you have could also increase your salary.
List of Medical Attendant School near Miami
About City College
Since 1984, City College, a private not-for-profit university, has been dedicated to providing a hands-on, practical and relevant college education to students in Florida and online. Our mission is to educate and train students in their chosen major, in preparation for employment in specific career fields. Whether you are a recent high school graduate, an adult thinking about returning to college, or a military veteran seeking a new civilian career, the City College Office of Admissions will help you make the right choice for your unique situation and begin a rewarding new career.
We offer our students an atmosphere of caring and respect. At City College you’re not just a student, you’re family.
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Assisting
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Office Admin/Billing and Coding
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences - Pre-Physician Assistant Concentration
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
- Find your future with a degree in Medical Billing and Coding from Fortis
- Degree offered across 10 campuses in AZ, FL, MD, NJ, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX and UT
- All Fortis colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or others
- Fortis also offers this degree online, for students who need more flexibility
- Be prepared for both office & hospital settings with the latest software systems
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Respiratory Therapy
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
- Education Connection is a 100% Free College Matching Service used by 50,000 People Daily.
- Affordable and Flexible Nursing Degree Programs from Top Colleges Across the Nation. Both Online And Campus!
- You Can Find Nursing, RN to BSN, LVN/LPN Degree Programs and More.
- Just Fill Out a Few Questions and Get Matched to Your Perfect Nursing Degree Program Within Minutes.
- Start Using our Fast, Free, and Easy Matching Service Right HERE and Right NOW!
List of Medical Assistant Schools in Florida
Allied Health Institute
Central Florida Institute
Dade Medical College
Miami Dade College
Miami-Jacobs Career College
D.G. Erwin Technical Center