A medical assistant career is one that will not be going away anytime soon. Due to constant growth in the medical field, it is a wise idea to consider becoming a medical assistant. There are many accredited medical assistant schools and programs to choose from in the Miami area for those who are interested. In most cases, it takes about one year for you to graduate and begin working as a medical assistant. You should do plenty of research on the accredited schools in Miami, and figure out which program is best for you. For example, if you have plans on working at a specific place once you get you graduate, you will want to choose the school that will best prepare you for that position.
If you live in the Miami area, you have many options if you want to become a medical assistant. Regardless of what type of training program you are looking for, there is a school that’s just right for you. You should think about things like price, location, school reputation, and other options when choosing a medical assistant training program. There are programs suited to fit almost anyone’s budget. If you want to be a certified or registered medical assistant, you should find schools that offer a path to attaining these goals. It is important that the training program you choose be accredited as well, so you get proper credit for everything you learn. The Miami area has many great accredited medical assistant training programs, so find one that offers everything you need.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Miami
The average salary for a medical assistant in Miami, FL is $38,000. However, the average salary for medical assistants that are certified is $49,000. Experience also plays a role in how much you will make in this field. There are also specific positions that a certified medical assistant can get that pay more than others. For example, a permanent physician assistant in Miami has an average salary of $85,000. Like most career paths, you will most likely have to work your way up to positions that pay more. Any related degrees or certifications you have could also increase your salary.
List of Medical Attendant School near Miami
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Assisting
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Office Admin/Billing and Coding
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Interested in Helping Others? Get Educated in the Medical Field.
- Medical Assisting, Nursing, Health Sciences Degree Programs and More From Top Colleges that Fit Your Needs.
- Build the Capabilities and Connections to Power Your Future.
- Find Schools Online or Near You & Get Info for FREE Today!
List of Medical Assistant Schools in Florida
Allied Health Institute
Central Florida Institute
Dade Medical College
Miami Dade College
Miami-Jacobs Career College
D.G. Erwin Technical Center