A medical assistant career is one that will not be going away anytime soon. Due to constant growth in the medical field, it is a wise idea to consider becoming a medical assistant. There are many accredited medical assistant schools and programs to choose from in the Miami area for those who are interested. In most cases, it takes about one year for you to graduate and begin working as a medical assistant. You should do plenty of research on the accredited schools in Miami, and figure out which program is best for you. For example, if you have plans on working at a specific place once you get you graduate, you will want to choose the school that will best prepare you for that position.
If you live in the Miami area, you have many options if you want to become a medical assistant. Regardless of what type of training program you are looking for, there is a school that’s just right for you. You should think about things like price, location, school reputation, and other options when choosing a medical assistant training program. There are programs suited to fit almost anyone’s budget. If you want to be a certified or registered medical assistant, you should find schools that offer a path to attaining these goals. It is important that the training program you choose be accredited as well, so you get proper credit for everything you learn. The Miami area has many great accredited medical assistant training programs, so find one that offers everything you need.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Miami
The average salary for a medical assistant in Miami, FL is $38,000. However, the average salary for medical assistants that are certified is $49,000. Experience also plays a role in how much you will make in this field. There are also specific positions that a certified medical assistant can get that pay more than others. For example, a permanent physician assistant in Miami has an average salary of $85,000. Like most career paths, you will most likely have to work your way up to positions that pay more. Any related degrees or certifications you have could also increase your salary.
List of Medical Attendant School near Miami
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Practical Nursing
Train for the real-world skills that help you launch a successful technology or healthcare career with a degree, or diploma from Florida Career College.
- Medical Assistant Technician (10-Month diploma program)
- Patient Care Technician (10-month diploma program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month diploma program)
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
About City College
Since 1984, City College, a private not-for-profit university, has been dedicated to providing a hands-on, practical and relevant college education to students in Florida and online. Our mission is to educate and train students in their chosen major, in preparation for employment in specific career fields. Whether you are a recent high school graduate, an adult thinking about returning to college, or a military veteran seeking a new civilian career, the City College Office of Admissions will help you make the right choice for your unique situation and begin a rewarding new career.
We offer our students an atmosphere of caring and respect. At City College you’re not just a student, you’re family.
- D.P. - Medical Assisting
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Assisting
- A.S. - A.H. - Medical Office Admin/Billing and Coding
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
List of Medical Assistant Schools in Florida
Allied Health Institute
Central Florida Institute
Dade Medical College
Miami Dade College
Miami-Jacobs Career College
D.G. Erwin Technical Center