Medical assisting is a field that involves administrative duties and hands-on contact with patients. If this type of career interests you, you may find it beneficial to learn about medical aide schools in Michigan and what this career all entails.
Within the state of Michigan, you’ll find many accredited medical aide schools. Graduating from an accredited school can be an important step in your career, particularly if you want to obtain certification. Schools that are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools generally provide all the necessary training needed to become a medical deputy. Medical aide training programs typically include didactic courses and supervised hands-on training. Those seeking degrees may also have to complete general education classes.
How to Get Certified in Michigan
Michigan, like most other states, does not require medical helpmate be certified. Although this career is already growing at a faster-than-average pace, medical helpers who are certified generally see better employment opportunities. To be eligible for certification, you’ll have to show proof of completing an approved training program for medical representatives. Some employers may require certification, and some training programs require it as a condition of graduation. Certification, which requires passing an examination, can be obtained through the following organizations.
» American Association of Medical Attendant
» American Medical Technologists
» National Center for Competency Testing
» National Healthcareer Association
Salaries for Medical Attendants in Michigan
Medical subordinates in Michigan see a wide range of salaries depending on the location. In Grand Rapids, medical aides earned $31,696, while those working in Flint earned $27,775 – both below the national average. Medical aides further south saw wages above the national average. Ann Arbor and Detroit medical helpmates earned $33,452 and $32,143 respectively, according to a February 2014 Salary.com report. Other factors affecting the wage are experience, employer and certifications earned.
- Medical Assistant
- Veterinary Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- And more...
- Highly interactive online courses designed to maximize the learning experience
- Programs in Early Childhood Ed, School Admin, Special Ed, Teacher Leadership & More
- Associate's, Bachelor's, and Master's programs designed for working adults
- Complete your degree from start to finish or transfer your credits from another institution
- A.S. Occupational Therapy Assistant
- At Miller-Motte, our mission is to provide each and every student with a quality education that will prepare them to enter and succeed in their new careers.
- Not all students are able to travel to a campus, so we offer online courses and programs to fit their busy lives.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs offer a variety of Certificate of Completion and Associate of Applied Science Degree programs;like: Business, Healthcare, Legal and Protective Services and Technology
- To assist students with any educational challenge Miller-Motte offers tutoring services to all online students. Tutoring is offered on an as-needed basis, at no additional charge.
- If you work full-time, have family obligations or are interested in learning the skills needed to start a new career in the comfort of your own home, we can help you train for a new career.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs are set up to meet the needs of employers. When you complete one of our many courses or programs, you’ll have the skills needed to stand out in the job market.
- Allied Health Management - Bachelor of Science
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
Dorsey has been a trusted career training school in Michigan for over 80 years!
We offer training programs designed to prepare our students for careers in fields such as healthcare, beauty, culinary, and skilled trades
- Patient Care Technician
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- And more...
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Michigan
|Alpena Community College||665 Johnson St., |
Alpena, MI 49707-1495
|Baker College||4500 Enterprise |
Dr, Allen Park, MI 48101
|Carnegie Institute||550 Stephenson Hwy, |
Troy, MI 48083
|Davenport University||200 West Van Buren St.|
Battle Creek, MI 49017
|Detroit Business Institute - Downriver||19100 Fort Street|
Riverview, MI 48193-6799
|Dorsey Schools||33533 W. 12 Mile Road, Suite 152|
Farmington Hills, Michigan 48331
|Glen Oaks Community College||62249 Shimmel Road, |
Centreville MI 49032
|Henry Ford Community College||5101 Evergreen Rd, |
Dearborn, MI 48128
|Jackson College||2111 Emmons Road|
Jackson, MI 49201
|Kalamazoo Valley Community College||230 North Rose Street|
Kalamazoo, MI 49003
|Macomb Community College||14500 E. 12 Mile Road|
Warren, MI 48088
|Mid Michigan Community College||1375 S Clare Ave, |
Harrison, MI 48625
|Montcalm Community College||2800 College Dr, |
Sidney, MI 48885
|Oakland Community College||2480 Opdyke Road, |
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48304
|Sanford-Brown College||5900 Mercury Dr|
Dearborn, MI 48126
|Schoolcraft College||18600 Haggerty Road |
Livonia, MI 48152