If you’re a Minnesota resident looking for a career that offers good job growth, decent wages and the opportunity to be part of the medical field, you may consider becoming a medical aide. Read below to learn what this career entails and info on medical assisting schools in MN.
If you’re planning on enrolling in a medical aide program in Minnesota, it’s important to find a school that’s accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). Graduating from an accredited school ensures you’re getting the training required to work as a medical helper and qualifies you to take the certification exam. According to the CAAHEP, there are about 20 accredited medical aide schools in Minnesota.
How to Get Certified in Minnesota
Medical subordinate programs can take from one to two years to complete and may offer diplomas, certificates or degrees upon completion. Students complete a curriculum that combines didactic studies with hands-on supervised internships. The student typically spends time in both clinical and administrative settings.
Medical helpmates do not need to be licensed to work in Minnesota; however, being certified can be beneficial when seeking employment as a medical aide. The American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) offers the Certified Medical Attendant credential, while the American Medical Technologists offers the Registered Medical Attendant credential.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Minnesota
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that certified or registered medical helpmates working in Minnesota earned a mean annual wage of $32,530 as of May 2012, which is slightly higher than the national average of $30,550. Salaries varied quite a bit from city to city. While medical helpers in Rochester earned more than $39,000, those working in the Southeast nonmetropolitan areas of MN earned just under $27,000, as reported by the BLS.
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Health and Wellness
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Minnesota
|Academy College||1600 W. 82nd Street, Ste. 100|
Bloomington, MN 5543
|Anoka Technical College||1355 West Highway 10|
Anoka, MN 55303
|Anthem College||5100 Gamble Drive, Suite 200|
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
|Argosy University||1515 Central Parkway|
Eagan, MN 55121
|Century College||3300 Century Avenue North|
White Bear Lake, Minnesota 55110
|Dakota County Technical College||1300 145th Street E., |
Rosemount, MN 55068-2999
|Duluth Business University||4724 Mike Colalillo Drive, |
Duluth MN 55807
|Globe University||3680 Pheasant Ridge Dr. NE|
Blaine, MN 55449
|Hennepin Technical College||Brooklyn Park, MN||Brooklyn Park, MNhttps://www.hennepintech.edu/|
|Lake Superior College||2101 Trinity Rd. |
Duluth, MN 55811
|Minneapolis Business College||1711 County Road B W, |
Roseville, MN 55113
|Minnesota School of Business||3680 Pheasant Ridge Drive NE|
Blaine, MN 55449
|Minnesota West Community and Technical College||1450 College Way, |
Worthington, MN 56187
|Northland Community and Technical College||2022 Central Avenue NE|
East Grand Forks, MN 56721
|Ridgewater College||2101 15th Avenue NW|
Willmar MN 56201
|Sanford-Brown College||5951 Earle Brown Dr. |
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430