If you’re a Minnesota resident looking for a career that offers good job growth, decent wages and the opportunity to be part of the medical field, you may consider becoming a medical aide. Read below to learn what this career entails and info on medical assisting schools in MN.
If you’re planning on enrolling in a medical aide program in Minnesota, it’s important to find a school that’s accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). Graduating from an accredited school ensures you’re getting the training required to work as a medical helper and qualifies you to take the certification exam. According to the CAAHEP, there are about 20 accredited medical aide schools in Minnesota.
How to Get Certified in Minnesota
Medical subordinate programs can take from one to two years to complete and may offer diplomas, certificates or degrees upon completion. Students complete a curriculum that combines didactic studies with hands-on supervised internships. The student typically spends time in both clinical and administrative settings.
Medical helpmates do not need to be licensed to work in Minnesota; however, being certified can be beneficial when seeking employment as a medical aide. The American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) offers the Certified Medical Attendant credential, while the American Medical Technologists offers the Registered Medical Attendant credential.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Minnesota
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports that certified or registered medical helpmates working in Minnesota earned a mean annual wage of $32,530 as of May 2012, which is slightly higher than the national average of $30,550. Salaries varied quite a bit from city to city. While medical helpers in Rochester earned more than $39,000, those working in the Southeast nonmetropolitan areas of MN earned just under $27,000, as reported by the BLS.
- See how you could play a crucial role in healthcare with a Medical Assisting degree
- This degree program is available in both English and Spanish
- Offers scholarships to qualified active-duty personnel, retirees & dependents
- Ranked #42 in 2018 Best Value Schools in U.S. News & World Report
- Regionally accredited private career university with degrees on campus or online
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Ultimate Medical Academy is a nonprofit healthcare career school—and students are at the heart of everything we do. That’s why we offer exclusive student services through your career training and beyond, beginning from the time you enroll online or at our campus in Clearwater, FL. We’ll also guide you toward the right program for your goals, and help you understand the affordability of your career training. So let us know you’re interested, and we’ll discuss how UMA can help you succeed.
Gainful employment information can be found at UltimateMedical.edu/gainful-employment and includes information on tuition, loan debt, completion, placement, and occupations.
- A.S. - Medical Billing & Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Billing Specialist
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Minnesota
|Academy College||1600 W. 82nd Street, Ste. 100|
Bloomington, MN 5543
|Anoka Technical College||1355 West Highway 10|
Anoka, MN 55303
|Anthem College||5100 Gamble Drive, Suite 200|
St. Louis Park, MN 55416
|Argosy University||1515 Central Parkway|
Eagan, MN 55121
|Century College||3300 Century Avenue North|
White Bear Lake, Minnesota 55110
|Dakota County Technical College||1300 145th Street E., |
Rosemount, MN 55068-2999
|Duluth Business University||4724 Mike Colalillo Drive, |
Duluth MN 55807
|Globe University||3680 Pheasant Ridge Dr. NE|
Blaine, MN 55449
|Hennepin Technical College||Brooklyn Park, MN||Brooklyn Park, MNhttps://www.hennepintech.edu/|
|Lake Superior College||2101 Trinity Rd. |
Duluth, MN 55811
|Minneapolis Business College||1711 County Road B W, |
Roseville, MN 55113
|Minnesota School of Business||3680 Pheasant Ridge Drive NE|
Blaine, MN 55449
|Minnesota West Community and Technical College||1450 College Way, |
Worthington, MN 56187
|Northland Community and Technical College||2022 Central Avenue NE|
East Grand Forks, MN 56721
|Ridgewater College||2101 15th Avenue NW|
Willmar MN 56201
|Sanford-Brown College||5951 Earle Brown Dr. |
Brooklyn Center, MN 55430