Medical attendant are needed to help medical care facilities run smoothly and stay organized every day. If you’d like to have this meaningful job, you should probably go to school first, though. By getting an education, you’ll be able get hired quickly and do your job efficiently.
Before you start taking classes or even enroll in a program, you need to make sure that the school that you’re looking at is accredited. Many employers will only take accredited programs into account when they’re looking at your application, and you need employers to take you as seriously as possible when you’re applying for jobs. One example of a good accrediting agency is the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, also known as the CAAHEP.
How to Get Certified in Mississippi
When looking for a program, you should consider whether you want to go for an associate degree or a certificate. Either way, the program should help you prepare for the Certified Medical Assistant exam. Many employers will say that getting proper certification is even more important than the type of degree that you have because while degrees have a lot of “filler” classes, training programs that prepare you for the CMA exam only have one focus.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Mississippi
If you work as a medical aide in Mississippi, you’ll probably end up making an average of $12.50 per hour throughout your career. This works out to an annual salary of $26,000 per year. The top 10 percent of medical aides make over $35,000 every year.
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Global delivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Mississippi
|Antonelli College||2323 Lakeland Dr.|
Jackson, MS 39232
|Concorde Career College||7900 Airways Blvd., Suite 103|
Southaven, MS 38671
|Hinds Community College||3925 Sunset Dr, |
Jackson, MS 39213
|Northeast Mississippi Community College||101 Cunningham Blvd, |
Booneville, MS 38829
|Virginia College||Biloxi, MS||https://www.vc.edu/locations/biloxi/|