If you love helping people, are looking for a new career opportunity but don’t have the capability of going to school for a long time, a career as a medical aide may be the calling for you.
Medical attendants enjoy exciting and rewarding careers, working in doctor offices, hospitals, clinics and nursing homes, having a varied range of responsibilities. Medical assisting is a great way to begin your journey in the healthcare field, changing your life as well as positively impacting the lives of others.
When researching medical assisting programs in your area, it is important to find those that are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP.org) and recommended by the Medical Assisting Education Review Board. This will ensure that you will be getting the highest level of training and the skills needed to be successful in the future.
How to Get Certified in Nebraska
Medical attending training programs can be completed in as little as 12 months and most schools offer flexible hours, which means you will be able to adjust your classes to your lifestyle. You will spend a certain amount of time in a fully functional laboratory setting and once you are ready you will move to a hands-on clinical setting where you will get the experience necessary to successfully work in the field.
Certification in contingent upon passing the AAMA Exam.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Nebraska
You can expect to earn a rewarding salary as a medical aide. As of 2010, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the median salary was $28,860, and job growth and demand will continue to rise for the next six years. You will definitely be in demand to fill rewarding positions where you can put your skills and experience to good use.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Nebraska
|Central Community College||550 S. Technical Blvd|
P.O. Box 1024
Hastings, NE 68902-1024
|Kaplan University||1821 K St, Lincoln, |
|National American University||Bellevue, NE||http://www.national.edu/locations/campuses/bellevue/|
|Nebraska Methodist College||720 N 87th St, |
Omaha, NE 68114
|Southeast Community College||8800 O Street|
Lincoln, NE 68520-1299
|Vatterott Educational Centers||11818 I St, |
Omaha, NE 68137