There are many schools that offer programs and certification for medical assistant training in Nevada. As with any schooling endeavor you start out on, research is a big part of the game. Narrowing them down is a thoughtful process that requires you to take into account your budget, time, type of program you’re looking for and campus environment.
Nevada, population 2.7 million, boasts a beautiful desert landscape that attracts both visitors and residents known mostly for its deserts, ranches, mountains and gaming industry. Within the state, you will find plenty of opportunities to find a job in the medical subordinates sector, particularly in the larger metro areas of Las Vegas, Reno and Carson City.
How to Get Certified in Nevada
The highest concentration of jobs in medical assistance are located in the large urban areas that have access to hospitals, medical centers and numerous physicians’ offices. However, the outlook for this job occupation is strong throughout the entire state. The state is constantly on the lookout for qualified workers. Get
involved through the Professional Student Exchange Program and Health Care Access Program.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendanst in Nevada
As of 2010, medical helpers in Nevada were making about $32,250 a year, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. That’s slightly above the national median salary of about $29,300, or $14 per hour. Job growth in this sector is expected to remain strong through 2020. Once you graduate from an accredited program here, you can become certified by the American Association of Medical Aides. This extra certification can mean the difference between a high salary and an average one. Remember, qualified medical helpmates are in demand in this state, so anything you can do to boost your knowledge will work to your advantage.
- Medical Assisting
- Nursing Assistant
- Pharmaceutical Technician
- And more...
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Health and Wellness
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Nevada
|Academy of Healing Arts||710 S Tonopah Dr, |
Las Vegas, NV 89106
|Career College of Northern Nevada||1421 Pullman Dr., |
Sparks, NV 89434
|College of Southern Nevada||700 College Dr, |
Henderson, NV 89002
|Kaplan College||Las Vegas, NV||https://www.brightwood.edu/locations/las-vegas-nv/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_content=LAS&utm_campaign=local|
|Northwest Health Careers||7398 Smoke Ranch Road|
Las Vegas, Nevada 89128
|Pima Medical Institute||333 E. Flamingo Road|
Las Vegas, NV 89121
|University of Nevada-Las Vegas Continuing Education||4505 S Maryland Pkwy, |
Las Vegas, NV 89119