Choosing a career in the medical field is an excellent way to ensure long lasting job security. Medical attendants help physicians and other medical staff with patient care and routine tasks that are necessary in a hospital or other medical facility. To become a medical aide, an individual must take the appropriate courses to become certified. Students who are interested in joining the New Mexico health care industry can find out more information about the accredited medical attending schools in the state by visiting either the New Mexico Medical Assistant Society’s website, or the State Hospital Association.
How to Get Certified in New Mexico
The New Mexico health care industry is always seeking qualified professionals to help fulfill the growing need of excellence medical care in the area. The state has seen the biggest growth in the health care industry over the past five years. New Mexico is home to more than two million residents. Therefore there will always be a need for a variety of medical aides in local hospitals, physician offices and outpatient centers. There are several medical attendant certification programs available at local universities as well as online programs that can also provide the right amount of training and education.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendant in New Mexico
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, The average pay for medical helpmates in 2012 was $14.12 per hour which comes to an average salary of $29,370 per year. The job outlook at that time had rose to 29%, which was much faster than average. The number of jobs available was more than 560,000 nationwide with no former experience required and entry level education being a post-secondary non-degree award.
With an average salary of $29,370, the lower ten percent received around $21,080 while the higher ten percent earned more than $41,570. Most medical aides work full-time while others work on nights and weekends to cover shifts at 24 hour facilities.
Keiser University is a private, not-for-profit university.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- At Miller-Motte, our mission is to provide each and every student with a quality education that will prepare them to enter and succeed in their new careers.
- Not all students are able to travel to a campus, so we offer online courses and programs to fit their busy lives.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs offer a variety of Certificate of Completion and Associate of Applied Science Degree programs;like: Business, Healthcare, Legal and Protective Services and Technology
- To assist students with any educational challenge Miller-Motte offers tutoring services to all online students. Tutoring is offered on an as-needed basis, at no additional charge.
- If you work full-time, have family obligations or are interested in learning the skills needed to start a new career in the comfort of your own home, we can help you train for a new career.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs are set up to meet the needs of employers. When you complete one of our many courses or programs, you’ll have the skills needed to stand out in the job market.
- Allied Health Management - Bachelor of Science
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Associate of Science - Allied Health
- Diploma - Medical Insurance Billing & Coding
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in New Mexico
|Brown Mackie College||Albuquerque, NM||https://www.brownmackie.edu/locations/albuquerque|
|Carrington College||1001 Menaul Blvd NE, |
Albuquerque, NM 87107
|National American University||Albuquerque, NM||www.national.edu/Official_Site|
|Pima Medical Institute||4400 Cutler Ave N.E.|
Albuquerque, NM 87110
|Santa Fe Community College||6401 Richards Ave. |
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87508
|Vista College||850 North Telshore Blvd., Suites F-G.,|
Las Cruces, NM 88011