Choosing a career in the medical field is an excellent way to ensure long lasting job security. Medical attendants help physicians and other medical staff with patient care and routine tasks that are necessary in a hospital or other medical facility. To become a medical aide, an individual must take the appropriate courses to become certified. Students who are interested in joining the New Mexico health care industry can find out more information about the accredited medical attending schools in the state by visiting either the New Mexico Medical Assistant Society’s website, or the State Hospital Association.
How to Get Certified in New Mexico
The New Mexico health care industry is always seeking qualified professionals to help fulfill the growing need of excellence medical care in the area. The state has seen the biggest growth in the health care industry over the past five years. New Mexico is home to more than two million residents. Therefore there will always be a need for a variety of medical aides in local hospitals, physician offices and outpatient centers. There are several medical attendant certification programs available at local universities as well as online programs that can also provide the right amount of training and education.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendant in New Mexico
According to the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics, The average pay for medical helpmates in 2012 was $14.12 per hour which comes to an average salary of $29,370 per year. The job outlook at that time had rose to 29%, which was much faster than average. The number of jobs available was more than 560,000 nationwide with no former experience required and entry level education being a post-secondary non-degree award.
With an average salary of $29,370, the lower ten percent received around $21,080 while the higher ten percent earned more than $41,570. Most medical aides work full-time while others work on nights and weekends to cover shifts at 24 hour facilities.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
Get hands-on training with Brookline College. We offer diploma and degree programs in the areas of health care, business, nursing, criminal justice, paralegal, and computer security. We understand that today's student is busy with many responsibilities, so we offer day, evening, and online classes, giving you options to fit school into your schedule.
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
- Associate of Science - Allied Health
- Diploma - Medical Insurance Billing & Coding
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in New Mexico
|Brown Mackie College||Albuquerque, NM||https://www.brownmackie.edu/locations/albuquerque|
|Carrington College||1001 Menaul Blvd NE, |
Albuquerque, NM 87107
|National American University||Albuquerque, NM||www.national.edu/Official_Site|
|Pima Medical Institute||4400 Cutler Ave N.E.|
Albuquerque, NM 87110
|Santa Fe Community College||6401 Richards Ave. |
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87508
|Vista College||850 North Telshore Blvd., Suites F-G.,|
Las Cruces, NM 88011