Take heart knowing the health care industry in Oklahoma is going strong, right along with the rest of the nation. Oklahoma has a population of 3.8 million, acting as a hub for several industries, including medical, primarily within its bustling urban centers like Tulsa and Oklahoma City. Looking into medical attendant programs in this stats isn’t difficult; you just have to know where to start.
How to Get Certified in Oklahoma
To have a higher chance of a better paying job once you graduate, it’s important to choose a medical attending school that is accredited. This means it has met certain requirements and quality assurance targets. Your future boss will be happy to see you attended an accredited school. You can obtain financial aid if you need help paying tuition, and scholarships are available depending on your academic record and financial status. Places like the Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant can help you.
Covering yourself in terms of maximization of chances to get into a good school starts with sending out plenty of applications. It’s recommend you send out at least five. It’s also important that you speak to reps at each school to find out not only about cost and financial aid but also about programs and degrees available, night and online classes, certification, length of programs and campus choices.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendant in Oklahoma
While the state average salary for medical aide is below the national average, at $26,000, there are ways you can boost your earning potential. This involves taking the certification exam through the American Association of Medical Attendants. Employers are likely to pay you more if you can say you’re certified. The national mean salary for medical aides is $29,000, or about $14 an hour, says the Bureau of Labor Statistics. The job outlook in Oklahoma and all over the country is solid with the industry expected to grow by 29 percent in the next decade.
Blue Cliff College was founded in New Orleans, Louisiana in 1987 with the goal of becoming one of the most respected Massage Therapy training centers in the nation. In June of 1989, the College in Louisiana received its Proprietary School License from the state. In 1998, the Continuing Education College was proud to receive accreditation from the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). The Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) is a recognized accrediting agency by the US Department of Education.
- Clinical Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Health Information Management, Billing and Coding - Diploma
- At Miller-Motte, our mission is to provide each and every student with a quality education that will prepare them to enter and succeed in their new careers.
- Not all students are able to travel to a campus, so we offer online courses and programs to fit their busy lives.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs offer a variety of Certificate of Completion and Associate of Applied Science Degree programs;like: Business, Healthcare, Legal and Protective Services and Technology
- To assist students with any educational challenge Miller-Motte offers tutoring services to all online students. Tutoring is offered on an as-needed basis, at no additional charge.
- If you work full-time, have family obligations or are interested in learning the skills needed to start a new career in the comfort of your own home, we can help you train for a new career.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs are set up to meet the needs of employers. When you complete one of our many courses or programs, you’ll have the skills needed to stand out in the job market.
- Allied Health Management - Bachelor of Science
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
WTI's success and longevity is due to its commitment in providing its students with the latest information and technology. It does so by continually upgrading its curriculum, lab instruction and instrumentation, and by collaborating with professionals to keep apprised of industry developments.
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (Post PTA)
Get Career-Relevant Training with Platt!
At Platt College, we encourage our students to follow their passions, wherever they may lie, to find a career they love. You’ll find a supportive learning environment and career-focused training designed to help you gain the knowledge and hands-on training to succeed.
- Culinary Arts
- Pastry Arts
Health Care & Wellness
- Dental Assisting
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assisting
- Pharmacy Technician
- Practical Nursing
- Surgical Technician
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration
- Combination Welding
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assistant - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Oklahoma
|Brown Mackie College||Oklahoma City, OK||https://www.brownmackie.edu/locations/oklahoma-city|
|Community Care College||4242 S Sheridan Rd, |
Tulsa, OK 74145
|Everest College||3319 W. Hillsborough Avenue |
Tampa, FL 33614
|Francis Tuttle Technology Center||12777 N Rockwell Ave, |
Oklahoma City, OK 73142
|Heritage College||Oklahoma City, OK||http://www.heritagecollege.edu/campus/oklahoma-city-oklahoma/|
|Metro Technology Centers||1900 Springlake Dr, |
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
|Moore Norman Technology Center||4701 12th Avenue NW, |
Norman, OK 73069
|Tulsa Community College||3727 E Apache St, |
Tulsa, OK 74115