Oregon is known for its sweeping vistas, gorgeous landscapes, vibrant outdoor recreation, state parks and rivers. A total of 3.8 million call Oregon home, with large cities like Portland and Salem getting the lion’s share of attention. Like the rest of America, the health care industry is booming, and more medical aides than ever before are needed to help man the state’s many doctors’ offices and medical facilities.
Most of the medical attending schools in Oregon are accredited, which is good news to your future employer. This will also yield you a higher pay check. Be on the lookout for schools that gel with your interests, budget and location. It’s a good idea to go on a tour of the few schools you are considering. There, you can see if the campus fits with your goals, personality and lifestyle.
How to Get Certified in Oregon
It’s probably best to ensure you have a good chance of being accepted at several schools, so send out between three and five applications. You can even do more. Whatever you can do to boost your chances for success, do it. You’ll want to inquire at each school about classes and programs available, whether degrees or certificates are given out, how much it costs and what financial aid is available. Get financial aid help from places like the Oregon Rural Health Services Loan Repayment Program. You may qualify from a scholarship courtesy of Ford Family Foundation Scholarships.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Oregon
Fortunately for you, the mean annual salary for a medical helper in this state is above the national average, at $32,540, compared with the national of $29,000. Take the certification exam given by the American Association of Medical Attendants to increase your chances of being hired and getting better pay. This job sector is expected to continue growing at a rate of 29 percent until at least 2020, which is much faster than the average.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Pharmacy Technician
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
The Secret to Getting Ahead is Getting Started
Congratulations! Your interest in Stevens-Henager College is an important first step toward changing your life. A career-focused degree is the key to a new career with a potentially higher income, better benefits, and more satisfaction.
- Respiratory Therapy (AAS)
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Oregon
|Anthem College||Beaverton, OR||m.anthem.edu/beaverton-oregon/
|Carrington College||2004 Lloyd Center|
Portland, OR 97232
|Central Oregon Community College||2600 N.W. College Way |
Bend, Oregon 97701
|Clackamas Community College||19600 Molalla Avenue, |
Oregon City, Oregon 97045
|Columbia Gorge Community College||400 E Scenic Dr, The |
Dalles, OR 97058
|Concorde Career College||1425 NE Irving St #300, |
Portland, OR 97232
|Everest College||Portland, OR||http://www.everest.edu/campus/portland|
|Everest College||Tigard, OR||http://www.everest.edu/campus/tigard|
|Lane Community College||4000 East 30th Ave., |
Eugene, Oregon 97405
|Linn-Benton Community College||6500 Pacific Blvd. SW|
Albany, Oregon 97321
|Mt Hood Community College||26000 SE Stark St. |
Gresham, OR 97030
|Portland Community College||12000 SW 49th Ave, |
Portland, OR 97219
|Sanford-Brown College||600 SW 10th Ave #400, |
Portland, OR 97205