Oregon is known for its sweeping vistas, gorgeous landscapes, vibrant outdoor recreation, state parks and rivers. A total of 3.8 million call Oregon home, with large cities like Portland and Salem getting the lion’s share of attention. Like the rest of America, the health care industry is booming, and more medical aides than ever before are needed to help man the state’s many doctors’ offices and medical facilities.
Most of the medical attending schools in Oregon are accredited, which is good news to your future employer. This will also yield you a higher pay check. Be on the lookout for schools that gel with your interests, budget and location. It’s a good idea to go on a tour of the few schools you are considering. There, you can see if the campus fits with your goals, personality and lifestyle.
How to Get Certified in Oregon
It’s probably best to ensure you have a good chance of being accepted at several schools, so send out between three and five applications. You can even do more. Whatever you can do to boost your chances for success, do it. You’ll want to inquire at each school about classes and programs available, whether degrees or certificates are given out, how much it costs and what financial aid is available. Get financial aid help from places like the Oregon Rural Health Services Loan Repayment Program. You may qualify from a scholarship courtesy of Ford Family Foundation Scholarships.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Oregon
Fortunately for you, the mean annual salary for a medical helper in this state is above the national average, at $32,540, compared with the national of $29,000. Take the certification exam given by the American Association of Medical Attendants to increase your chances of being hired and getting better pay. This job sector is expected to continue growing at a rate of 29 percent until at least 2020, which is much faster than the average.
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Oregon
|Anthem College||Beaverton, OR||m.anthem.edu/beaverton-oregon/
|Carrington College||2004 Lloyd Center|
Portland, OR 97232
|Central Oregon Community College||2600 N.W. College Way |
Bend, Oregon 97701
|Clackamas Community College||19600 Molalla Avenue, |
Oregon City, Oregon 97045
|Columbia Gorge Community College||400 E Scenic Dr, The |
Dalles, OR 97058
|Concorde Career College||1425 NE Irving St #300, |
Portland, OR 97232
|Everest College||Portland, OR||http://www.everest.edu/campus/portland|
|Everest College||Tigard, OR||http://www.everest.edu/campus/tigard|
|Lane Community College||4000 East 30th Ave., |
Eugene, Oregon 97405
|Linn-Benton Community College||6500 Pacific Blvd. SW|
Albany, Oregon 97321
|Mt Hood Community College||26000 SE Stark St. |
Gresham, OR 97030
|Portland Community College||12000 SW 49th Ave, |
Portland, OR 97219
|Sanford-Brown College||600 SW 10th Ave #400, |
Portland, OR 97205