If you’re interested in an exciting profession where opportunities are expected to grow over the next ten years, medical assisting could be a great choice for you. These professionals work in doctor’s offices, hospitals, and clinics to perform duties like taking vital signs, maintaining records, and helping patients. Read on to learn more about medical assisting schools in Philadelphia, PA.
While it is possible to get a job as a medical aide without certification, becoming certified will make you more attracting to prospective employers. And in order to take the Certified Medical Attendant exam in Pennsylvania, you must attend a program that is accredited by either the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES). To find a list of accredited schools in and around Philadelphia, visit the American Association of Medical Assistants online at http://www.aama-ntl.org/medical-assisting/caahep-abhes-programs#.Uzbb6PldUkM.
Medical Attendant Training Program in Philadelphia, PA
Certified medical attending training programs include courses in anatomy and physiology, medical terminology and record keeping, insurance processes, clinical techniques, patient relations, medical ethics, and other important topics. Accredited training programs also require a practicum, which means you’ll spend time on the job as a medical helper as part of your training. Upon graduation from a certified medical aide program, you’ll be eligible to take the certification exam given by the American Association of Medical Attendants.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Philadelphia, PA
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, certified medical helpmates across the nation earn an average salary of $29,370 a year or $14.12 per hour. Salaries in Pennsylvania overall are typically in line with this median wage, while pay for medical helpers in the Philadelphia metropolitan area is approximately 2 percent higher than the national average. The highest salaries are earned by certified medical helpers working in psychiatric and substance abuse hospitals, while the lowest salaries are made in the home care industry.
List of Medical Attendant School near Philadelphia, PA
Since 1977, Keiser University has provided quality student-centered, career-focused education. Keiser University Online offers degree programs online to prepare students for in-demand professions. Degrees are offered with a curriculum that is in pace with technology and workforce demand trends in business, criminal justice, health care, information technology and more. Our “one-class-at-a-time” approach allows busy students to focus on their education and balance the demands of work and family.
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Associate of Science in Medical Administrative Billing and Coding
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Veterinary Assisting
- Physical Therapy Aide
- Programs include Bachelor of Science in Health Care Administration, Bachelor of Science in Health and Wellness, Master of Health Care Administration, and more.
- Students learn from instructors with experience in the health care field.
- Capstone projects and clinical practicums that can help prepare students for more career opportunities.
- Flexible, online and on-campus program available.
- BS in Health and Wellness
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Respiratory Therapy
- Looking for an Online Healthcare Degree Program That May Improve Your Career Options?
- EarnMyDegree.com Can Help You Match Your Educational Goals With Your Desired Career.
- Whether You Are Looking to Earn a Degree Online, or Study at a Nearby Campus, This Is The Place to Connect With a College That May Be Ideal for You.
- Browse Through Our List Of Online Colleges and Traditional Schools to Determine Potential Places to Earn a Degree NOW!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
List of Medical Attendant Programs in Philadelphia, PA
Kaplan Institute-Philadelphia – Philadelphia, PA
Program Director: Ron Katz BS
3010 Market St
Philadelphia , PA – 19104