According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the medical assisting profession is expected to grow by a staggering 29 percent over the next ten years. If you're interested in becoming a medical assistant in Sacramento, California, read on to learn more about schools in the city that are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
The best way to find accredited medical assistant schools is dihttp://support.google.com/youtube/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=guide.cs&guide=1728585&topic=1728570rectly from the CAAHEP website. Visit http://www.aama-ntl.org/medical-assisting/caahep-abhes-programs#.U2jo__ldUkM and click on "Find a Program," where you can search by program and state. You must attend an accredited program to be eligible to take the CMA (AAMA) Certification Exam to be qualified to work in the state of California.
Medical Assistant Training Program in Sacramento
Training programs in Sacramento prepare medical assistants for both the administrative and clinical duties required for this role. These typically include maintaining patient medical records, filling out insurance forms, taking patient history, explaining procedures to patients, scheduling appointments, drawing blood for laboratory tests, prepareing medications, and providing other patient care services. Courses will also cover first aid, medical ethics and law, office practices, and other key theory and skills. Medical assistants are required to take a practicum, which means they'll spend time working in an office as part of the training process.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Sacramento
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, certified medical assistants in California make between $32,400 and $39,600 per year, depending on experience and type of medical facility. This is well above the national average annual salary of $30,780 for medical assistants.
List of Medical Attendant School near Sacramento
- Penn Foster Career School offers online career training in a variety of high-growth career fields, such as: business, allied health, education, technology, and the trades.
- With low tuition costs and customized monthly payment plans with 0% interest, Penn Foster Career School can help you start a new career path without breaking your budget.
- Regionally accredited by the Commission on Secondary Schools of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and nationally accredited by the Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC).
- Penn Foster Career School’s 24/7, on-demand learning platform is easy to use – at home or on the go – and you decide when to start and take your classes.
- As soon as you enroll, you can take advantage of Penn Foster’s career services where you can develop your career portfolio, get tips to improve your resume, explore your job options, and much more.
- Pharmacy Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Medical Coding and Billing
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Vocational Nursing
List of Medical Assistant Schools in Sacramento
Carrington College California-Sacramento - Sacramento, CA
Medical Assisting Program
8909 Folsom Blvd
Program Director: Heather C. Dunlap AS, RMA (AMT)
Cosumnes River College - Sacramento, CA
Medical Assisting Program
8401 Center Parkway
Sacramento , CA - 95823
Program Director: Cori B. Burns CMA (AAMA), BA