According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the medical assisting profession is expected to grow by a staggering 29 percent over the next ten years. If you’re interested in becoming a medical assistant in Sacramento, California, read on to learn more about schools in the city that are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and or the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES).
The best way to find accredited medical assistant schools is dihttp://support.google.com/youtube/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=guide.cs&guide=1728585&topic=1728570rectly from the CAAHEP website. Visit http://www.aama-ntl.org/medical-assisting/caahep-abhes-programs#.U2jo__ldUkM and click on “Find a Program,” where you can search by program and state. You must attend an accredited program to be eligible to take the CMA (AAMA) Certification Exam to be qualified to work in the state of California.
Medical Assistant Training Program in Sacramento
Training programs in Sacramento prepare medical assistants for both the administrative and clinical duties required for this role. These typically include maintaining patient medical records, filling out insurance forms, taking patient history, explaining procedures to patients, scheduling appointments, drawing blood for laboratory tests, prepareing medications, and providing other patient care services. Courses will also cover first aid, medical ethics and law, office practices, and other key theory and skills. Medical assistants are required to take a practicum, which means they’ll spend time working in an office as part of the training process.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Sacramento
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, certified medical assistants in California make between $32,400 and $39,600 per year, depending on experience and type of medical facility. This is well above the national average annual salary of $30,780 for medical assistants.
List of Medical Attendant School near Sacramento
At UEI College, we want you to succeed. We’re like a family and we want you to be a part of it. From the moment you enter ourschool, to graduation and beyond, we are right there with you.
- Medical Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Dental Assistant (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Medical Billing & Insurance Coding (10-Month Diploma Program)
- Founded in 1951 by World War II veteran Donald Grantham to provide affordable, higher education for service members and their families.
- Approved by all branches of the United States Armed Forces for Tuition Assistance (TA), and for benefits payments by the Department of Veteran Affairs benefits (VA).
- Reviews applicants’ military and professional training for possible transfer credits, and honors credit earned through successful completion of Defense Acquisition University (DAU) courses.
- Participates in GoArmyEd, Marine Corps Academic Explorer, The Air University Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (CCAF), and many other virtual gateways.
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Coding and Billing
- Administrative Medical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Vocational Nursing
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
List of Medical Assistant Schools in Sacramento
Carrington College California-Sacramento – Sacramento, CA
Medical Assisting Program
8909 Folsom Blvd
Program Director: Heather C. Dunlap AS, RMA (AMT)
Cosumnes River College – Sacramento, CA
Medical Assisting Program
8401 Center Parkway
Sacramento , CA – 95823
Program Director: Cori B. Burns CMA (AAMA), BA