When shopping around for the best medical attending schools in South Carolina, it is helpful to research different types of programs. For instance, the advantages of attending one medical assisting program over another may be more aligned with your goals. There are community colleges and technical schools in different cities in South Carolina. If you are a resident of the state or you are interested in attending a school in a specific city or county, contact the community colleges in the area as request information about their associate degree medical aide programs. Some technical schools may offer online and campus-based programs. Obtain information about different schools and evaluate which schools will provide you what you’re interested in.
How to Get Certified in South Carolina
The two-year associate degree programs provide students with classroom and laboratory training in medical helpmate and medical office aide positions. You will be required to complete prerequisite classes before entering into more focused training courses in medical assisting. If you want to enroll in a short-term program, where you can complete your training in less than two years, there are wide range of schools that offer certificate and diploma programs in South Carolina. Similar to two-year associate programs at community colleges, certificate and diploma programs will also provide you with the requisite training to qualify for medical representative jobs. Also, a few community colleges in South Carolina also offer diploma and certificate programs. The certificate programs may not require you to complete as many prerequisite classes. You will be placed in courses that focus on practical and hands-on medical assisting training.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in South Carolina
Certified and registered medical aides qualify for a wide range of positions in hospitals, physicians’ offices, medical clinics and urgent care facilities. In addition to job advertisements for medical helpers, the employers may also advertise the positions as nurse attendant, medical receptionist, lab analyst and patient coordinator. Your medical assisting training should provide you with the skills to qualify for these positions. The salaries for medical aides are competitive and can provide you with consistent full-time income. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary for a medical helper is $29,370.
- Keiser University Online
- Offering 100% online programs for undergraduate and graduate degrees at Keiser!
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting
- Associate of Science in Medical Assisting Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- And more...
Helms College, a nonprofit post-secondary career college operated by Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA, has been granted continued accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Multi-Skilled Medical Assistant
As the world is adjusting to new realities, we are prepared to help you work towards a successful future in a manner that is safer for you and the community at large. Here's how:
- We offer in-demand, career-focused education delivered through your local campus using live, interactive synchronous online delivery. There's also the flexibility to transition to an in-seat class environment once the current situation is resolved.
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- Practical Nursing - Diploma
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in South Carolina
|Aiken Technical College||2276 Jefferson Davis Hwy, |
Graniteville, SC 29829
|Central Carolina Technical College||506 N Guignard Dr, |
Sumter, SC 29150
|ECPI University||1001 Keys Drive #100|
Greenville, SC 29615
|Forrest Junior College||601 E River St, |
Anderson, SC 29624
|Fortis College||246 Stoneridge Dr #101, |
Columbia, SC 29210
|Greenville Technical College||506 S Pleasantburg Dr, |
Greenville, SC 29607
|Medical Careers Institute||250 Berryhill Rd, |
Columbia, SC 29210
|Midlands Technical College||316 S Beltline Blvd, |
Columbia, SC 29205
|Miller-Motte Technical College||5000 Market St, |
Wilmington, NC 28405
|Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College||3250 St Matthews Rd, |
Orangeburg, SC 29118
|Piedmont Technical College||620 State Road S-24-236, |
Greenwood, SC 29646
|South University||9 Science Ct, |
Columbia, SC 29203
|Spartanburg Community College||107 Community College Drive|
Spartanburg, SC 29303
|Tri-County Technical College||7900 Highway 76, |
Pendleton, SC 29670
|Trident Technical College||7000 Rivers Ave, |
North Charleston, SC 29406