When shopping around for the best medical attending schools in South Carolina, it is helpful to research different types of programs. For instance, the advantages of attending one medical assisting program over another may be more aligned with your goals. There are community colleges and technical schools in different cities in South Carolina. If you are a resident of the state or you are interested in attending a school in a specific city or county, contact the community colleges in the area as request information about their associate degree medical aide programs. Some technical schools may offer online and campus-based programs. Obtain information about different schools and evaluate which schools will provide you what you’re interested in.
How to Get Certified in South Carolina
The two-year associate degree programs provide students with classroom and laboratory training in medical helpmate and medical office aide positions. You will be required to complete prerequisite classes before entering into more focused training courses in medical assisting. If you want to enroll in a short-term program, where you can complete your training in less than two years, there are wide range of schools that offer certificate and diploma programs in South Carolina. Similar to two-year associate programs at community colleges, certificate and diploma programs will also provide you with the requisite training to qualify for medical representative jobs. Also, a few community colleges in South Carolina also offer diploma and certificate programs. The certificate programs may not require you to complete as many prerequisite classes. You will be placed in courses that focus on practical and hands-on medical assisting training.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in South Carolina
Certified and registered medical aides qualify for a wide range of positions in hospitals, physicians’ offices, medical clinics and urgent care facilities. In addition to job advertisements for medical helpers, the employers may also advertise the positions as nurse attendant, medical receptionist, lab analyst and patient coordinator. Your medical assisting training should provide you with the skills to qualify for these positions. The salaries for medical aides are competitive and can provide you with consistent full-time income. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary for a medical helper is $29,370.
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- CERT Medical Assisting
- AAS Medical Assisting
- BS Health Science
- And more...
WELCOME TO KAPLAN UNIVERSITY
Online Education That Fits Your Life
For 80 years, we’ve been preparing students for career success. We’ve led the wayso that our students can too.
Globally Renowned Purdue to Acquire Kaplan University
Purdue University, one of the nation's most respected universities, will acquire Kaplan University and create a new, nonprofit, public institution within the Purdue system. Pending regulatory approvals, this exciting transition is expected to take place later this year. This change will be seamless—during the transition, you will still be able to enroll at Kaplan University, earn a high-quality education, and meet your educational and career goals.
- Medical Assisting
- BS in Health and Wellness
- Medical Billing and Coding Certificate
Prepare for a Health Care Career in as Few as 8 Months at Southeastern Institute!
At Southeastern Institute we’ll help you choose the health care program that is perfect for your personal growth and interests, and will support you at every step along the way. Receive hands-on instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern Institute’s small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Medical Assisting
- Electronic Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Billing and Coding
The goal of Virginia College lies in its responsibility to its students, the technical and business communities, and the general citizenry. We have a long history of offering new direction to students.
- Medical Assistant Associate's Degree
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- Medical Assistant Diploma
- And more...
Helms College, a nonprofit post-secondary career college operated by Goodwill Industries of Middle Georgia and the CSRA, has been granted continued accreditation by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET), a national accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Medical Administrative Assistant
- Multi-Skilled Medical Assistant
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in South Carolina
|Aiken Technical College||2276 Jefferson Davis Hwy, |
Graniteville, SC 29829
|Central Carolina Technical College||506 N Guignard Dr, |
Sumter, SC 29150
|ECPI University||1001 Keys Drive #100|
Greenville, SC 29615
|Forrest Junior College||601 E River St, |
Anderson, SC 29624
|Fortis College||246 Stoneridge Dr #101, |
Columbia, SC 29210
|Greenville Technical College||506 S Pleasantburg Dr, |
Greenville, SC 29607
|Medical Careers Institute||250 Berryhill Rd, |
Columbia, SC 29210
|Midlands Technical College||316 S Beltline Blvd, |
Columbia, SC 29205
|Miller-Motte Technical College||5000 Market St, |
Wilmington, NC 28405
|Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College||3250 St Matthews Rd, |
Orangeburg, SC 29118
|Piedmont Technical College||620 State Road S-24-236, |
Greenwood, SC 29646
|South University||9 Science Ct, |
Columbia, SC 29203
|Spartanburg Community College||107 Community College Drive|
Spartanburg, SC 29303
|Tri-County Technical College||7900 Highway 76, |
Pendleton, SC 29670
|Trident Technical College||7000 Rivers Ave, |
North Charleston, SC 29406