When shopping around for the best medical attending schools in South Carolina, it is helpful to research different types of programs. For instance, the advantages of attending one medical assisting program over another may be more aligned with your goals. There are community colleges and technical schools in different cities in South Carolina. If you are a resident of the state or you are interested in attending a school in a specific city or county, contact the community colleges in the area as request information about their associate degree medical aide programs. Some technical schools may offer online and campus-based programs. Obtain information about different schools and evaluate which schools will provide you what you’re interested in.
How to Get Certified in South Carolina
The two-year associate degree programs provide students with classroom and laboratory training in medical helpmate and medical office aide positions. You will be required to complete prerequisite classes before entering into more focused training courses in medical assisting. If you want to enroll in a short-term program, where you can complete your training in less than two years, there are wide range of schools that offer certificate and diploma programs in South Carolina. Similar to two-year associate programs at community colleges, certificate and diploma programs will also provide you with the requisite training to qualify for medical representative jobs. Also, a few community colleges in South Carolina also offer diploma and certificate programs. The certificate programs may not require you to complete as many prerequisite classes. You will be placed in courses that focus on practical and hands-on medical assisting training.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in South Carolina
Certified and registered medical aides qualify for a wide range of positions in hospitals, physicians’ offices, medical clinics and urgent care facilities. In addition to job advertisements for medical helpers, the employers may also advertise the positions as nurse attendant, medical receptionist, lab analyst and patient coordinator. Your medical assisting training should provide you with the skills to qualify for these positions. The salaries for medical aides are competitive and can provide you with consistent full-time income. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary for a medical helper is $29,370.
- Career training since 1963.
- Gives you the freedom and flexibility to learn on your own time, at your own pace and in your own environment.
- Complete your education and gain technical skills when and where it's convenient for you!
- Accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS).
- We Change Lives...One Person At A Time. ®
- Medical Assisting
- Dental Assisting
- Billing and Coding Specialist
- And more...
Making the decision to earn your degree and pursue your career goals could be the best decision you ever make. Enroll at ECPI University and you’ll join a collaborative and fostering learning environment, surrounded by faculty and staff who are there to support you through the entire process.
What sets ECPI University apart? Just ask the employers who hire our graduates. Since 1966, more than 3,800 employers have looked to ECPI for talented professionals who are capable of entering the workplace and doing the job right on the very first day. That’s because our curriculum is designed to meet the needs of today’s highly-specialized job market.
What Are You Waiting For?
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
Get Career-Relevant Training with Miller-Motte Tech!
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in South Carolina
|Aiken Technical College||2276 Jefferson Davis Hwy, |
Graniteville, SC 29829
|Central Carolina Technical College||506 N Guignard Dr, |
Sumter, SC 29150
|ECPI University||1001 Keys Drive #100|
Greenville, SC 29615
|Forrest Junior College||601 E River St, |
Anderson, SC 29624
|Fortis College||246 Stoneridge Dr #101, |
Columbia, SC 29210
|Greenville Technical College||506 S Pleasantburg Dr, |
Greenville, SC 29607
|Medical Careers Institute||250 Berryhill Rd, |
Columbia, SC 29210
|Midlands Technical College||316 S Beltline Blvd, |
Columbia, SC 29205
|Miller-Motte Technical College||5000 Market St, |
Wilmington, NC 28405
|Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College||3250 St Matthews Rd, |
Orangeburg, SC 29118
|Piedmont Technical College||620 State Road S-24-236, |
Greenwood, SC 29646
|South University||9 Science Ct, |
Columbia, SC 29203
|Spartanburg Community College||107 Community College Drive|
Spartanburg, SC 29303
|Tri-County Technical College||7900 Highway 76, |
Pendleton, SC 29670
|Trident Technical College||7000 Rivers Ave, |
North Charleston, SC 29406