When shopping around for the best medical attending schools in South Carolina, it is helpful to research different types of programs. For instance, the advantages of attending one medical assisting program over another may be more aligned with your goals. There are community colleges and technical schools in different cities in South Carolina. If you are a resident of the state or you are interested in attending a school in a specific city or county, contact the community colleges in the area as request information about their associate degree medical aide programs. Some technical schools may offer online and campus-based programs. Obtain information about different schools and evaluate which schools will provide you what you’re interested in.
How to Get Certified in South Carolina
The two-year associate degree programs provide students with classroom and laboratory training in medical helpmate and medical office aide positions. You will be required to complete prerequisite classes before entering into more focused training courses in medical assisting. If you want to enroll in a short-term program, where you can complete your training in less than two years, there are wide range of schools that offer certificate and diploma programs in South Carolina. Similar to two-year associate programs at community colleges, certificate and diploma programs will also provide you with the requisite training to qualify for medical representative jobs. Also, a few community colleges in South Carolina also offer diploma and certificate programs. The certificate programs may not require you to complete as many prerequisite classes. You will be placed in courses that focus on practical and hands-on medical assisting training.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in South Carolina
Certified and registered medical aides qualify for a wide range of positions in hospitals, physicians’ offices, medical clinics and urgent care facilities. In addition to job advertisements for medical helpers, the employers may also advertise the positions as nurse attendant, medical receptionist, lab analyst and patient coordinator. Your medical assisting training should provide you with the skills to qualify for these positions. The salaries for medical aides are competitive and can provide you with consistent full-time income. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median salary for a medical helper is $29,370.
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 95% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Fortis offers nursing programs including ADN, PN, BSN degrees, and more
- 40+ schools in 15 states including Florida, Arizona, Ohio, and Virginia
- All colleges are accredited by ABHES, ACCSC, ACICS, or other accrediting bodies
- Fortis Online serves benefits to US military service members
- Grants & scholarship aid may be available for qualifying students
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant Technician (Associate in Specialized Technology Degree)
- And more...
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Medical Clinical Assistant
- Medical Billing and Coding
Prepare for a Health Care Career in as Few as 8 Months at Southeastern Institute!
At Southeastern Institute we’ll help you choose the health care program that is perfect for your personal growth and interests, and will support you at every step along the way. Receive hands-on instruction from caring instructors with practical experience in the fields in which they teach. Southeastern Institute’s small class sizes and individualized attention can be just what you need to succeed.
- Medical Assisting
- Electronic Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
Building on Purdue's mission to provide greater access to affordable, world-class education, Purdue University Globaldelivers a fully personalized online experience that's tailored to working adults. By opening the doors to adults who need flexibility to fit learning into their busy lives, we make it possible to achieve a high-quality education from a prestigious university system—completely online.
- BS in Health and Wellness
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in South Carolina
|Aiken Technical College||2276 Jefferson Davis Hwy, |
Graniteville, SC 29829
|Central Carolina Technical College||506 N Guignard Dr, |
Sumter, SC 29150
|ECPI University||1001 Keys Drive #100|
Greenville, SC 29615
|Forrest Junior College||601 E River St, |
Anderson, SC 29624
|Fortis College||246 Stoneridge Dr #101, |
Columbia, SC 29210
|Greenville Technical College||506 S Pleasantburg Dr, |
Greenville, SC 29607
|Medical Careers Institute||250 Berryhill Rd, |
Columbia, SC 29210
|Midlands Technical College||316 S Beltline Blvd, |
Columbia, SC 29205
|Miller-Motte Technical College||5000 Market St, |
Wilmington, NC 28405
|Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College||3250 St Matthews Rd, |
Orangeburg, SC 29118
|Piedmont Technical College||620 State Road S-24-236, |
Greenwood, SC 29646
|South University||9 Science Ct, |
Columbia, SC 29203
|Spartanburg Community College||107 Community College Drive|
Spartanburg, SC 29303
|Tri-County Technical College||7900 Highway 76, |
Pendleton, SC 29670
|Trident Technical College||7000 Rivers Ave, |
North Charleston, SC 29406