With a population of 833,000, South Dakota isn’t the biggest state in the nation but it does have a pretty booming medical industry. Following the trajectory of the rest of the country, this state enjoys a healthy medical industry; however, there is a shortage of qualified medical attendants seeking jobs.
The first thing you should do on your hunt for a South Dakota medical attending program is gather a few resources and research them all thoroughly. This means taking the time to explore each school’s website, call the admissions departments and schedule tours of the ones you like. Ask about the cost of tuition, any financial aid available, programs and certifications you can take, size of classes and availability of online or night classes. Looking for financial aid? Check out resources like South Dakota Opportunity Scholarships, the ACMPE Scholarship Fund Inc. and the Dakota Corps Scholarship Program.
How to Get Certified in South Dakota
Your search for medical attending programs should entail applying to between three and five schools. Boosting your shot at getting into the school of your choice is a great way to ensure your happiness with your future career. Whether you’re looking for an associate’s degree, certificate or diploma, you are sure to find something that suits your needs. Narrow down your search according to accreditation, tuition, location and availability of classes.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in South Dakota
The average salary for a medical aid in South Dakota is under the national average, at $25,130 a year. The national average is $29,000. Although South Dakota pays at the lower end of the pay scale, there are ways to boost your pay check. One of these ways is to achieve certification by taking an exam with the American Association of Medical Assistants. There is a currently a shortage of medical aides in the state, so do all you can to increase your chances of a better paying job.
- At Miller-Motte, our mission is to provide each and every student with a quality education that will prepare them to enter and succeed in their new careers.
- Not all students are able to travel to a campus, so we offer online courses and programs to fit their busy lives.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs offer a variety of Certificate of Completion and Associate of Applied Science Degree programs;like: Business, Healthcare, Legal and Protective Services and Technology
- To assist students with any educational challenge Miller-Motte offers tutoring services to all online students. Tutoring is offered on an as-needed basis, at no additional charge.
- If you work full-time, have family obligations or are interested in learning the skills needed to start a new career in the comfort of your own home, we can help you train for a new career.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs are set up to meet the needs of employers. When you complete one of our many courses or programs, you’ll have the skills needed to stand out in the job market.
- Allied Health Management - Bachelor of Science
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in South Dakota
|Colorado Technical University||3901 W 59th St, |
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
|Lake Area Technical Institute||1201 Arrow Ave NE, |
Watertown, SD 57201
|Mitchell Technical Institute||1800 E. Spruce St.|
Mitchell, SD 57301
|National American University||Sioux Falls, SD||http://www.national.edu/locations/campuses/sioux-falls/|
|Presentation College||1500 North Main Street|
Aberdeen, SD 57401