The medical field is booming in practically all areas across the United States. Training programs from accredited institutions are available across the country. Tennessee houses several highly rated and accredited schools that offer a program for medical attendants. Chattanooga State Community College offers a Medical Attendant Certification program with CAAHEP accreditation. Associate degrees are also available in the Medical Attendant field through National College with campuses in multiple Tennessee cities such as Bartlett, Bristol, Knoxville, Madison, Memphis, and Nashville. National College also has CAAHEP accreditation.
How to Get Certified in Tennessee
The Medical Aide training in Tennessee involves different options. There are Associate degrees offered in this particular area, as well as diploma programs. The major difference between a diploma and an Associate degree is the length of time that it takes to complete the two. The Associate degree is a little more well rounded in the field of medicine and will often take between 18 months and 2 years to complete due to the extra classes required. A diploma focuses mostly on job specific skills and therefore will take less time.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Assistants in Tennessee
As in most places in the country, salaries will vary from state-to-state and city-to-city depending upon demand, workforce, demographics, etc. The average Medical Aide salary in the Western Tennessee city of Memphis is approximately $30,000 per year, while the Eastern Tennessee city of Knoxville shows an approximate salary of about $28,000 per year.
- Medical Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Medical Insurance Billing and Office Administration
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Medical Assisting
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- BS Respiratory Therapy - Post-Licensure
- Medical Assisting - Associate
- Dental Assisting, Associates Degree
- Billing & Coding Specialist, Associates Degree
- And more...
- eLearners.com Helps You Find the Right College within Minutes.
- Get Matched to the Perfect Medical Degree Programs From Top Colleges Here.
- Learn at Your Own Pace and Get Qualified to Pursue a Career You Will Love.
- Answer a Few Questions and You Are One Step Closer to Enroll in a Top College!
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Tennessee
|Anthem Career College||5865 Shelby Oaks Circle, Suite 100|
Memphis, TN 38134
|Chattanooga State Community College||4501 Amnicola Highway|
Chattanooga TN 37406-1097
|Cleveland State Community College||3535 Adkisson Dr, |
Cleveland, TN 37312
|Concorde Career College||5100 Poplar Ave, |
Memphis, TN 38137
|Daymar Institute||Clarksville, TN||http://www.daymarcollege.edu/locations/tennessee/clarksville|
|Kaplan Career Institute||Nashville, TN||http://www.brightwood.edu/Nashville/Review
|MedVance Institute||1025 Hwy. 111|
Cookeville, TN 38501
|Miller-Motte Technical College||6020 Shallowford Rd #100, |
Chattanooga, TN 37421
|National College||760 Stage Rd, |
Bartlett, TN 38134
|South College||3904 Lonas Drive|
Knoxville, Tennessee 37909
|Tennessee Technology Center at Knoxville||1100 Liberty St NW, |
Knoxville, TN 37919
|Vatterott Career College||Memphis, TN||http://www.vatterott.edu/memphis_dividend.asp|
|Virginia College||Chattanooga, TN||http://explore.vc.edu/Chattanooga/Campus|