Medical attending is a field with excellent growth potential, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, and Texas is a state that offers many opportunities for medical aides. Texas ranks 2nd among states with the highest level of employment for medical helpmates. Read on and learn about medical aide schools in Texas.
Finding an accredited medical aide school is important because it will provide the necessary training needed to become a medical helpmates and to take the certification exams. One of the main accrediting agencies, the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, indicates that there are 18 accredited medical deputy schools in Texas. The Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools is another agency that accredits medical attending programs. Medical aide programs include medical classes and practical experiences at medical facilities.
How to Get Certified in Texas
Texas does not require certification for it medical subordinates, but potential employers may require it. Certification can also improve your employment options and earning potentials. You must pass a certification exam to earn certification as a medical deputies. The American Association of Medical Attendants offers the Certified Medical Attendant Credential, while the American Medical Technologists offers the Registered Medical Attendant credential. The National Healthcareer Association and the National Center for Competency Testing also offer medical attendant certifications. Continuing education courses are required to maintain certification.
Salaries for Medical Attendants in Texas
As a medical representative in Texas, your wages will vary depending on the area. Some areas see higher wages than others, but most are below the national average. The average salary for medical representatives in Austin is $30,930, with the lowest 10% earning $26,019 and the top 90% making $35,760. The average wage in Dallas for this occupation is $31,632. At the north end of Texas in Amarillo, medical aide salaries average about $26,685.
UEI College (Formally Anthem College – Bryman School) is for individuals who seek to achieve more with their lives through education and training. No matter what stage of life you find yourself in, it is never too late to set new goals for yourself.
- Medical Assistant Technician - DIP
- Medical Front Office and Billing - DIP
- Why Earn Your Degree from GCU?
- Options: Choose from a variety of undergraduate and graduate degree programs in Business, Nursing, Psychology, Education & more!
- Convenience: Complete courses online, on campus, or a combination of both!
- Earlier Graduation: Our 4-credit courses allow you to complete your degree program in less time.
- Transfer Friendly: We will request your transcripts, evaluate your graduate coursework, and determine your anticipated graduation date within 24 hours.
- Quality: Grand Canyon University was founded in 1949 and is regionally accredited. Learn more today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
- Liberty University provides a worldclass education from a christ-centered worldview
- 100% online programs at associate, bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral levels
- No standardized testing if student meets admission requirements
- Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
- 87% of Liberty University students receive some form of financial aid
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Fortis Institute can give you the skills you need to train for a career in the healthcare field.
* Programs vary by location
* Please contact each individual campus for accreditation information
- Dental Assisting
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Texas
|Anthem College||4250 N Belt Line Rd, |
Irving, TX 75038
|Arlington Career Institute||901 Avenue K Grand |
Prairie, TX 75050
|Career Centers of Texas||8360 Burnham Rd #100, |
El Paso, TX 79907
|Career Point College/Institute||4522 Fredericksburg Rd Suite A-18|
San Antonio, Texas 78201
|Cisco College||101 College Heights |
Cisco, Texas 76437
|College of the Mainland||1200 Amburn Road|
Texas City,Texas 77591
|Concorde Career College||12606 Greenville Ave., Suite 130|
Dallas, TX 75243
|Dallas County Community College District||701 Elm St, # 501, |
Dallas, TX 75202-3250
|El Centro College||Dallas, TX||www.elcentrocollege.edu/|
|El Paso Community College||9050 Viscount Blvd, |
El Paso, TX 79925
|Fortis Institute||401 E. Palace Parkway, Suite 100|
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
|Hallmark College of Technology||10401 IH-10 West|
San Antonio, Texas 78230
|Houston Community College||3100 Main St., |
Houston TX 77002
|Iverson Institute||5020 FM 1960 West|
Houston, TX 77069
|Lamson Institute||5819 NW Loop 410, Suite 160,|
San Antonio, Texas 78238
|Lone Star College System - Cyfair||5000 Research Forest Drive, |
The Woodlands, TX 77381-4356
|Lone Star College System - North Harris||2700 West W Thorne Drive, |
Houston, TX 77073
|MedVance Institute||450 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. Suite 200|
Houston, TX 77060
|Northeast Texas Community College||2886 Farm to Market 1735, |
Mt Pleasant, TX 75455
|Pima Medical Institute||10201 Katy Freeway|
Houston, TX 77024
|Remington College||300 E Loop 820, |
Fort Worth, TX 76112
|Richland College||12800 Abrams Rd|
Dallas, TX, 75243
|San Antonio College||1300 San Pedro Ave, |
San Antonio, TX 78212
|San Jacinto College||8060 Spencer Hwy, |
Pasadena, TX 77505
|Sanford-Brown College||1250 W Mockingbird Ln #150, |
Dallas, TX 75247
|Southern Careers Institute||2301 S Congress Ave #27, |
Austin, TX 78704
|Southwest Career College||1414 Geronimo Dr, |
El Paso, TX 79925
|Texas School of Business||3208 FM 528|
Friendswood, TX 77546
|Texas State Technical College-Harlingen||1902 North Loop 499 |
Harlingen, Texas 78550
|The Academy of Health Care Professions||6505 Airport Blvd., Suite 102|
Austin, Texas 78752
|Valley Grande Institute for Academic Studies||345 S. Texas Blvd., |
Weslaco, Texas 78596
|Vatterott Educational Centers||9713 Harry Hines Blvd., Ste. 100 |
Dallas, Texas 75220
|Vista College||3535 N Ellison Dr, |
San Antonio, TX 78251
|Westwood College||8390 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy #100, |
Dallas, TX 75243