Medical attending is a field with excellent growth potential, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, and Texas is a state that offers many opportunities for medical aides. Texas ranks 2nd among states with the highest level of employment for medical helpmates. Read on and learn about medical aide schools in Texas.
Finding an accredited medical aide school is important because it will provide the necessary training needed to become a medical helpmates and to take the certification exams. One of the main accrediting agencies, the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, indicates that there are 18 accredited medical deputy schools in Texas. The Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools is another agency that accredits medical attending programs. Medical aide programs include medical classes and practical experiences at medical facilities.
How to Get Certified in Texas
Texas does not require certification for it medical subordinates, but potential employers may require it. Certification can also improve your employment options and earning potentials. You must pass a certification exam to earn certification as a medical deputies. The American Association of Medical Attendants offers the Certified Medical Attendant Credential, while the American Medical Technologists offers the Registered Medical Attendant credential. The National Healthcareer Association and the National Center for Competency Testing also offer medical attendant certifications. Continuing education courses are required to maintain certification.
Salaries for Medical Attendants in Texas
As a medical representative in Texas, your wages will vary depending on the area. Some areas see higher wages than others, but most are below the national average. The average salary for medical representatives in Austin is $30,930, with the lowest 10% earning $26,019 and the top 90% making $35,760. The average wage in Dallas for this occupation is $31,632. At the north end of Texas in Amarillo, medical aide salaries average about $26,685.
- At Miller-Motte, our mission is to provide each and every student with a quality education that will prepare them to enter and succeed in their new careers.
- Not all students are able to travel to a campus, so we offer online courses and programs to fit their busy lives.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs offer a variety of Certificate of Completion and Associate of Applied Science Degree programs;like: Business, Healthcare, Legal and Protective Services and Technology
- To assist students with any educational challenge Miller-Motte offers tutoring services to all online students. Tutoring is offered on an as-needed basis, at no additional charge.
- If you work full-time, have family obligations or are interested in learning the skills needed to start a new career in the comfort of your own home, we can help you train for a new career.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs are set up to meet the needs of employers. When you complete one of our many courses or programs, you’ll have the skills needed to stand out in the job market.
- Allied Health Management - Bachelor of Science
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
- Dental Assisting
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology
- Medical Assisting
- Professional Massage Therapy
- Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration
- Automotive Service Technician
- Combination Welding
- Diesel Heavy Truck
- Medical Administrative Assisting Technology - Diploma
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Diploma
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
REACH HIGHER, GET HIRED
Take the step to get a new career today
SPARK SUCCESS WITH SCI
Southern Careers Institute has maintained a tradition of career training for over 50 years in Texas with campuses in Austin, Brownsville, Corpus Christi, Harlingen, Pharr, San Antonio & Online courses available to anyone, anywhere.
At SCI, we have made it our mission to provide our students with the training they need to be successful in a new career. We offer career training in Medical, Business, Skilled Trades, Beauty, & Technology programs. These certification-based programs are designed to make our graduates some of the most marketable job candidates.
We are Texas born, Texas proud.
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
- Pharmacy Technician
- And more...
At South College we welcome students from all different stages of life and career. Whether you are pursing a degree for the first time, going back to school as an adult learner, or furthering your career with an advanced degree, our faculty and staff will partner with you to give your dreams direction.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science
- Bachelor of Science in Health Science (Post PTA)
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Texas
|Anthem College||4250 N Belt Line Rd, |
Irving, TX 75038
|Arlington Career Institute||901 Avenue K Grand |
Prairie, TX 75050
|Career Centers of Texas||8360 Burnham Rd #100, |
El Paso, TX 79907
|Career Point College/Institute||4522 Fredericksburg Rd Suite A-18|
San Antonio, Texas 78201
|Cisco College||101 College Heights |
Cisco, Texas 76437
|College of the Mainland||1200 Amburn Road|
Texas City,Texas 77591
|Concorde Career College||12606 Greenville Ave., Suite 130|
Dallas, TX 75243
|Dallas County Community College District||701 Elm St, # 501, |
Dallas, TX 75202-3250
|El Centro College||Dallas, TX||www.elcentrocollege.edu/|
|El Paso Community College||9050 Viscount Blvd, |
El Paso, TX 79925
|Fortis Institute||401 E. Palace Parkway, Suite 100|
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
|Hallmark College of Technology||10401 IH-10 West|
San Antonio, Texas 78230
|Houston Community College||3100 Main St., |
Houston TX 77002
|Iverson Institute||5020 FM 1960 West|
Houston, TX 77069
|Lamson Institute||5819 NW Loop 410, Suite 160,|
San Antonio, Texas 78238
|Lone Star College System - Cyfair||5000 Research Forest Drive, |
The Woodlands, TX 77381-4356
|Lone Star College System - North Harris||2700 West W Thorne Drive, |
Houston, TX 77073
|MedVance Institute||450 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. Suite 200|
Houston, TX 77060
|Northeast Texas Community College||2886 Farm to Market 1735, |
Mt Pleasant, TX 75455
|Pima Medical Institute||10201 Katy Freeway|
Houston, TX 77024
|Remington College||300 E Loop 820, |
Fort Worth, TX 76112
|Richland College||12800 Abrams Rd|
Dallas, TX, 75243
|San Antonio College||1300 San Pedro Ave, |
San Antonio, TX 78212
|San Jacinto College||8060 Spencer Hwy, |
Pasadena, TX 77505
|Sanford-Brown College||1250 W Mockingbird Ln #150, |
Dallas, TX 75247
|Southern Careers Institute||2301 S Congress Ave #27, |
Austin, TX 78704
|Southwest Career College||1414 Geronimo Dr, |
El Paso, TX 79925
|Texas School of Business||3208 FM 528|
Friendswood, TX 77546
|Texas State Technical College-Harlingen||1902 North Loop 499 |
Harlingen, Texas 78550
|The Academy of Health Care Professions||6505 Airport Blvd., Suite 102|
Austin, Texas 78752
|Valley Grande Institute for Academic Studies||345 S. Texas Blvd., |
Weslaco, Texas 78596
|Vatterott Educational Centers||9713 Harry Hines Blvd., Ste. 100 |
Dallas, Texas 75220
|Vista College||3535 N Ellison Dr, |
San Antonio, TX 78251
|Westwood College||8390 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy #100, |
Dallas, TX 75243