If you live in Washington and have thought about pursuing a career as a medical aide, you should know that there will be many opportunities for professional success and advancement within this sector. In order to get started, it is important that you obtain information regarding the different schools and programs you can enroll in for the purpose of attaining the training and certification you’ll need to excel in the work place. By reading the information below, you can learn basic information regarding educational options that prepare Washington students to work and thrive within their field of choice.
Once you’ve decided to obtain certifications or degrees in order to work as a medical aide, it will be important for you to locate an accredited medical attending school within your local Washington area. Doing so is important, because many employers will not accept qualifications and credentials that come from educational institutions that are not certified. There are many ways that you can obtain this information, including by doing an online search of the school you’re interested in. Additionally, you can opt to visit Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
How to Get Certified in Washington
After you’ve made certain that your medical attending training program of choice is accredited, you’ll want to learn as much about the course offerings as possible. While classwork will vary from school to school, some of the subjects you’ll probably be exposed to include:
• Patient care and communication
• Clinical assisting and pharmacology
• Cardiopulmonary procedures
• Laboratory procedures
• Medical insurance, health sciences, and bookkeeping
• Endocrinology and reproduction
• Therapeutic care
In addition to obtaining this information, you’ll want to learn about the costs involved in attaining your medical assisting certification. Prices for schools in Washington can range from around $6,000 to $15,000.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Washington
According to Indeed.com, the average salary for a medical aide in Washington is $40,000 annually. This annual income is subject to change based on differentiating factors such as experience, education, expertise, and location.
- At Miller-Motte, our mission is to provide each and every student with a quality education that will prepare them to enter and succeed in their new careers.
- Not all students are able to travel to a campus, so we offer online courses and programs to fit their busy lives.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs offer a variety of Certificate of Completion and Associate of Applied Science Degree programs;like: Business, Healthcare, Legal and Protective Services and Technology
- To assist students with any educational challenge Miller-Motte offers tutoring services to all online students. Tutoring is offered on an as-needed basis, at no additional charge.
- If you work full-time, have family obligations or are interested in learning the skills needed to start a new career in the comfort of your own home, we can help you train for a new career.
- Miller-Motte Online Programs are set up to meet the needs of employers. When you complete one of our many courses or programs, you’ll have the skills needed to stand out in the job market.
- Allied Health Management - Bachelor of Science
- Medical Billing and Coding - Certificate
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
Trident University International provides an exceptional online educational experience for its students – diverse adult learners including current and former members of the military family. Adhering to the highest standards of academic excellence, faculty and staff foster a learning community where students develop critical thinking and problem solving skills to enhance their lives and advance their careers.
- Health Sciences (Ph.D.)
- Certificate in Medical Coding and Billing
You can prepare for a new career with help from Charter College. Our accelerated Associates Degree, and Certificate programs are designed to help you complete your education as quickly as possible. We offer year-round classes and flexible scheduling - study anytime from anywhere. We provide students not only with the technical skills necessary for success, but also job search and placement assistance so you can find new opportunities after graduation.
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- Certificate - Pharmacy Technician
- Certificate - Dental Assisting
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Washington
|Carrington College||10102 E Knox Ave #200, |
Spokane Valley, WA 99206
|Clark College||1933 Fort Vancouver Way, |
Vancouver, WA 98663
|Clover Park Technical College||4500 Steilacoom Blvd SW, |
Lakewood, WA 98499
|Columbia Basin College||2600 N. 20th Ave., |
Pasco, WA 99301
|Everett Community College||2000 Tower Street|
Everett, WA 98201
|Highline Community College||2400 S. 240th St |
Des Moines, WA 98198
|Kaplan College||500 SW 39th St Ste 155|
Renton, WA 98057
|Lake Washington Technical College||11605 132nd Ave NE, |
Kirkland, WA 98034
|Lower Columbia College||1600 Maple Street, |
Longview WA 98632
|North Seattle Community College||9600 College Way N, |
Seattle, WA 98103
|Olympic College||1600 Chester Avenue |
Bremerton, WA 98337-1699
|Pima Medical Institute||555 S. Renton Village Place|
Renton, WA 98057
|Renton Technical College||3000 NE Fourth Street, |
Renton, WA 98056
|Seattle Vocational Institute||8060 165 th Avenue NE, Suite 100|
Redmond, WA 98052
|Skagit Valley College||2405 East College Way|
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
|South Puget Sound Community College||2011 Mottman Road SW, |
Olympia, Wa 98512
|Spokane Community College||1810 N. Greene St.|
Spokane, WA 99217-5399
|Wenatchee Valley College||1300 5th St, |
Wenatchee, WA 98801
|Whatcom Community College||237 W Kellogg Rd, |
Bellingham, WA 98226
|Yakima Valley Community College||S.16th Ave & Nob Hill Blvd. |
Yakima, WA 98902