Medical assisting is a field that allows you to help patients feel better. You’ll assist physicians in many of their daily duties. If this sounds like something you’d enjoy, read below how it can be possible for you to work as a medical aide in Wisconsin
To become a medical aide in Wisconsin, you’ll need to complete a training program at an accredited medical helper school. Two agencies that offer accreditation are the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), so look for schools/programs that are CAAHEP- or ABHES-accredited. CAAHEP states that there are about 20 accredited medical helpmate schools in Wisconsin.
How to Get Certified in Wisconsin
The majority of the medical assisting training programs in Wisconsin take one year to complete, unless they’re associate degree programs. Some of the medical assisting program courses may be offered online or in hybrid format. Medical aide students can expect to take courses in medical helper procedures, administrative procedures, medical law and ethics, pharmacology and medical terminology. They also complete a medical subordinate practicum where they work in an actual work setting to gain real experience. Students who complete the program are eligible to take a certification exam through the American Association of Medical helpers or the American Medical Technologists.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Wisconsin
Salaries for certified and registered medical deputies in Wisconsin average about $36,000, according to an Indeed.com 2014 report. This figure is slightly higher than the national average. Factors that may affect earnings include location, experience, level of training and number of certifications obtained. As of May 2012, there were about 10,750 medical helpmates employed in Wisconsin, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Provides the healthcare knowledge & technical skills students need to get ahead
- SACS accredited with campuses in VA, FL, NC, SC & flexible online & on-campus courses
- US News & World Report ranks Online Bachelor’s Programs among top 10%
- Supportive learning atmosphere with small class sizes & plenty of academic support
- Qualifying students can take faith in EPCI’s unwavering Fixed Tuition Pledge
- Medical Assisting - Associate's
- Medical Assisting - Diploma
- Dental Assisting - Associate's
- And more...
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- B.S. in Health Sciences: Professional Development & Advanced Patient Care
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- AA: Medical Office Assistance
- MA Human Services: Health & Wellness
- Find Online Schools. 100% Online Accredited Courses
- Get Matched to Programs In A Few Clicks!
- Earn an Affordable Degree from Home at your own pace
- Get College info today. Its Free and Easy!
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Wisconsin
|Anthem College||440 S Executive Dr, |
Brookfield, WI 53005
|Blackhawk Technical College||6004 S County Road G, |
Janesville, WI 53546
|Chippewa Valley Technical College||620 W. Clairemont Avenue |
Eau Claire, WI 54701
|Concordia University-Wisconsin||12800 N LAKE SHORE DR, |
MEQUON, WI 53097-2418
|Everest College||1311 N. 6th Street|
Milwaukee, WI 53212
|Fox Valley Technical College||150 N Campbell Rd, |
Oshkosh, WI 54902
|Gateway Technical College||400 County Road H, |
Elkhorn, WI 53121
|Globe University||4955 Bullis Farm Rd, |
Eau Claire, WI 54701
|Kaplan College||201 W Wisconsin Ave, |
Milwaukee, WI 53203
|Kaplan University - Ground||201 W Wisconsin Ave, |
Milwaukee, WI 53203
|Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College||13466 W Trepania Rd, |
Hayward, WI 54843
|Lakeshore Technical College||1290 North Ave, |
Cleveland, WI 53015
|Madison Area Technical College||1701 Wright St, |
Madison, WI 53704
|Mid-State Technical College||500 32nd St N, |
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
|Milwaukee Area Technical College||700 W. State Street, |
Milwaukee WI. 53233
|Moraine Park Technical College||235 North National Avenue |
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1940
|Nicolet Area Technical College||5364 College Drive|
Rhinelander, WI 54501
|Northcentral Technical College||1000 W Campus Dr, |
Wausau, WI 54401
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College||2740 W Mason St, |
Green Bay, WI 54307
|Rasmussen College||3500 E Destination Dr, |
Appleton, WI 54915
|Sanford-Brown College||6737 W Washington St, |
Milwaukee, WI 53214
|Southwest Wisconsin Technical College||1800 Bronson Boulevard|
Fennimore, WI 53809
|Waukesha County Technical College||800 Main Street,|
Pewaukee, WI 53072
|Western Technical College||400 Seventh Street North|
La Crosse, WI 54601
|Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College||505 Pine Ridge Drive |
Shell Lake, WI 54871-8727