Medical assisting is a field that allows you to help patients feel better. You’ll assist physicians in many of their daily duties. If this sounds like something you’d enjoy, read below how it can be possible for you to work as a medical aide in Wisconsin
To become a medical aide in Wisconsin, you’ll need to complete a training program at an accredited medical helper school. Two agencies that offer accreditation are the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP) and the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES), so look for schools/programs that are CAAHEP- or ABHES-accredited. CAAHEP states that there are about 20 accredited medical helpmate schools in Wisconsin.
How to Get Certified in Wisconsin
The majority of the medical assisting training programs in Wisconsin take one year to complete, unless they’re associate degree programs. Some of the medical assisting program courses may be offered online or in hybrid format. Medical aide students can expect to take courses in medical helper procedures, administrative procedures, medical law and ethics, pharmacology and medical terminology. They also complete a medical subordinate practicum where they work in an actual work setting to gain real experience. Students who complete the program are eligible to take a certification exam through the American Association of Medical helpers or the American Medical Technologists.
Salaries for Certified and Registered Medical Attendants in Wisconsin
Salaries for certified and registered medical deputies in Wisconsin average about $36,000, according to an Indeed.com 2014 report. This figure is slightly higher than the national average. Factors that may affect earnings include location, experience, level of training and number of certifications obtained. As of May 2012, there were about 10,750 medical helpmates employed in Wisconsin, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- View Certificates, Associates or Bachelors Degree Programs in Medical Assisting Near YOU!
- Free Information for Medical Assisting, Healthcare Administration, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription Degree Programs & MORE.
- Enter YOUR Needs and Requirements & Get Matched to the Perfect Campus or Online Degree Programs.
- Accredited, Flexible and Affordable Medical Assisting Programs that Fit Your Time & Budget. Use our Matching Service - It's Easy and FREE!
Welcome to Argosy University
Argosy University offers doctoral, master's, and bachelor's degree programs to students through its eight colleges: College of Behavioral Sciences, Graduate School of Business and Management, College of Education, College of Health Sciences, College of Arts and Sciences, College of Creative Arts and Design, College of Clinical Psychology and Western State College of Law at Argosy University as well as certificate programs in many areas.
- Which career path will you take – Business, Nursing, Education, Psychology? Something else? GCU offers more than 100 majors to get you started!
- Colangelo College of Business: Features more than 25 programs from the bachelor through the master's level, including several high-demand MBA programs and an accelerated accounting degree.
- College of Nursing and Health Care Professions: Rich 25-year history providing outstanding health care and nursing degree programs, including an RN to BSN program & master's in nursing degrees.
- College of Education: Whether you are looking to start or advance your career as a teacher or administrator, GCU offers bachelor’s and master’s in education degrees in key areas.
- College of Humanities and Social Sciences: Provides a job focused education and features a variety of programs from counseling and psychology to justice studies, history and English literature.
- Does something else interest you? GCU also offers programs in Doctoral Studies; Theology; Science, Engineering & Technology; and Fine Arts & Production. Speak with an enrollment counselor today!
- Online and campus-based bachelor’s and master’s programs available in Healthcare Management
- Experienced faculty keeps students up to date on topics like patient privacy, HIPAA laws, and insurance and billing issue
- Students explore important concepts, such as finance, community relations, and human resource management
You’re serious about success. With your busy schedule and the desire to move your career forward, you can earn an accredited associate, bachelors or master’s degree at a pace that works for you anywhere, anytime, 24/7.
At AIU, the Serious U, you can get started to get ahead.
- Online Bachelor's programs include BBA, Criminal Justice, Psychology, IT, Healthcare Management & Public Health
- Over 115 years of delivering quality education and personalized attention to students
- Provide a range of campus experiences and services online including advising, tutoring, student community, and career services
- Give students and alumni access to career assistants who help with resumes, cover letters, job hunting, and more.
- We're now Non-Profit.
100% Online & No Standardized Testing
We are committed to helping you achieve your goals and complete your degree as quickly as possible.
- Northcentral University was founded in 1996 to provide working professionals around the world with unprecedented access to richly engaging, professionally relevant, and academically-rigorous education from a U.S. university.
- As a regionally accredited, private, online and graduate-focused university, NCU offers doctoral, master’s and bachelor’s degrees in business, technology management, education, and psychology, as well as doctoral and master’s degrees in marriage and family therapy.
Since 1977, Keiser University has maintained a practical, hands-on approach to career-focused education to help our students achieve their personal and professional goals. Our student-centered approach remains at the foundation of the Keiser University mission and continues to attract students who prefer a more personal learning experience.
At the University of Nevada, Reno, we teach public health practitioners how to look beyond physical conditions and consider environmental, economic and sociological factors that impact individual and community health, happiness and well-being.
The online Master of Public Health in Public Health Practice is designed to prepare you for employment in nearly any area of the public health field.
The lessons learned in your online courses can prepare you for whatever area of public health you’re interested in. Courses include the following:
- Public Health Biology
- Research Methods
- Leadership in Health
- Health Policy
- Finance and Budget
- Health Informatics
- Program Planning and Evaluation
- Public Health Law, Ethics and Policy Analysis
Our 100% onlineand CEPH-accredited MPH program gives you the flexibility to enhance your expertise — and your career — without having to put your life on hold.
More Medical Assisting/Assistant Training Schools in Wisconsin
|Anthem College||440 S Executive Dr, |
Brookfield, WI 53005
|Blackhawk Technical College||6004 S County Road G, |
Janesville, WI 53546
|Chippewa Valley Technical College||620 W. Clairemont Avenue |
Eau Claire, WI 54701
|Concordia University-Wisconsin||12800 N LAKE SHORE DR, |
MEQUON, WI 53097-2418
|Everest College||1311 N. 6th Street|
Milwaukee, WI 53212
|Fox Valley Technical College||150 N Campbell Rd, |
Oshkosh, WI 54902
|Gateway Technical College||400 County Road H, |
Elkhorn, WI 53121
|Globe University||4955 Bullis Farm Rd, |
Eau Claire, WI 54701
|Kaplan College||201 W Wisconsin Ave, |
Milwaukee, WI 53203
|Kaplan University - Ground||201 W Wisconsin Ave, |
Milwaukee, WI 53203
|Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College||13466 W Trepania Rd, |
Hayward, WI 54843
|Lakeshore Technical College||1290 North Ave, |
Cleveland, WI 53015
|Madison Area Technical College||1701 Wright St, |
Madison, WI 53704
|Mid-State Technical College||500 32nd St N, |
Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494
|Milwaukee Area Technical College||700 W. State Street, |
Milwaukee WI. 53233
|Moraine Park Technical College||235 North National Avenue |
Fond du Lac, WI 54936-1940
|Nicolet Area Technical College||5364 College Drive|
Rhinelander, WI 54501
|Northcentral Technical College||1000 W Campus Dr, |
Wausau, WI 54401
|Northeast Wisconsin Technical College||2740 W Mason St, |
Green Bay, WI 54307
|Rasmussen College||3500 E Destination Dr, |
Appleton, WI 54915
|Sanford-Brown College||6737 W Washington St, |
Milwaukee, WI 53214
|Southwest Wisconsin Technical College||1800 Bronson Boulevard|
Fennimore, WI 53809
|Waukesha County Technical College||800 Main Street,|
Pewaukee, WI 53072
|Western Technical College||400 Seventh Street North|
La Crosse, WI 54601
|Wisconsin Indianhead Technical College||505 Pine Ridge Drive |
Shell Lake, WI 54871-8727